Hubby's best friend

Well, DH and I went to pick up a bunch of our stuff from his parents' house last night and decided to stop over and visit one of his good friends who's pregnant right now and can't come visit us (she's in her third trimester and doesn't want to get far from home). Well, I took my current afghan in with me during the visit so I'd have something to keep my hands busy and guess what? She's a crocheter too! I thought this is was so great. She and I spent most of the night talking about different patterns and such and she was asking me about different things. She's been crocheting for years, but never really learned much beyond giant grannys. DH kinda got pushed out of the conversation, but it was a fun night anyway.

And, now he wants to learn how to crochet as well so he can join in on those talks. ;)

Hubby is going to have to learn to crochet in a hurry! He has no idea that you 2 women will never run out of crochet topics, ha, ha!! And with her being pregnant, well there's mountains of patterns for little hats, booties, mittens, onsies, blankies. Maybe he would like to start with some simple baby items.

I'm really, really trying not to laugh, but it's only because I'm trying to imagine either of my former husbands crocheting. That would NOT work, but some guys are very good at it. Look at the Crochet Dude.

Real Deal

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to teach him. He sometimes has a shorter attention span than I do. I'm not sure how serious he is about learning, but he is happy that I've finally found someone I can talk with about a lot around here. ince we've moved, I haven't been really social because I haven't met anyone that I can really get along with. This was the first night that I've dominated a conversation we've had with one of his friends and it made him happy.

Archived