Recent Dyeing

grasshopper

Gorgeous! I especially like the fuschia and avocado hanks! I looked up your etsy shop, and I like your yarns. If you only I could afford hand-painted yarn...but I'm still a poor, cheap yarn girl! :( Maybe someday....

Thanks so much, everyone!

Gorgeous! I especially like the fuschia and avocado hanks! I looked up your etsy shop, and I like your yarns. If you only I could afford hand-painted yarn...but I'm still a poor, cheap yarn girl! :( Maybe someday....

Cocoa Cream, that's half the reason I started dyeing yarn in the first place--it was too expensive to buy the handpainted stuff. Maybe you should try dyeing. :devil It's really not difficult and fairly inexpensive to get started. And it's so fun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your yarns are beautiful! I just started Kool-Aid dyeing a week ago & I can't seem to stop. ;) Are you laying the hanks out and then painting them with a sponge brush?

I just started spinning my own yarn and wanted to try dying it tonight. I am stopping on the way home from work to pick up some different colored kool-aid so I can play around. I never thought about hand painting them with a sponge brush! Do you just put it out on plastic wrap or something when you are doing it? Do you have to wait for one color to dry before painting on the other colors? If I wanted to do a fade with the kool-aid, could I water down the color to lighten it or would that make it an in-effective dye?

Sorry about all the questions, I am just so excited about this!

Thank you for any help you can offer!

Jules

www.abaf.blogspot.com

• 1 month later...

Hi Jules. I know it's been a long time since you posted this, but I haven't been around in ages. Sorry I wasn't here to answer your questions. If you still have any dyeing questions, I'd be glad to help if I can--either here or feel free to PM me. Hope you had fun dyeing.

Archived