"Stash Talk" at the yarn store!

While at the yarn store yesterday I saw a lady and her freind or sister who was obviously visiting. The visitor was telling the store owner that her friend had SO MUCH yarn in a room it was hard to find anything else! She must be crazy! The store owner said "No, she's just normal!". I had to giggle!:yarn

Glad we're not the only ones to find this "normal". I've gotten to the point where I've been buying Hobby Lobby clearance yarn with no specific project in mind so I've had to put a stop on yarn buying without a project in mind until I can make room for more yarn, lol. The limit is only the closet size for me. :D

I was going through the Wal-Mart clearance yarn yesterday, and as my DH stepped out of the way, saying that I surely didn't need more yarn.....and I'm saying --of course I need more........ another man (another shoppers DH) asked me......as I got right in the thick of all that yarn......I bet you're like my wife, you've haven't got enough time left in this life to use all the yarn you already have..........I just smiled and said SHHHHHHHHHHh, he'll hear you.......too late, he already had :devil we all just laughed at that point, and I came away with MORE yarn!!! :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn :yarn:yay

I can't stop buying thread. It seems the more I have the more I want. I love not having to go anywhere to buy some for a project because you can't find it in stores. I also have alot of yarn to use up but will never be able to. I really need to organize my stash again so I can get in the storage room.

Marcia

"I can't die NOW, I have a whole lot of yarn left...."

(though I keep being given bags of yarn that "We found in the house when my <fill in blank> passed away." some of it ends up passed to other crafters, some used, and some goes to goodwill.)

I need to ask something though, what do you do with partly done projects, started by their dear departed, and there isn't the rest of the skein there... do we try to match the yarn and finish the project for them? I can't bring myself to frog someone else's work... What should we do with these things?

Some of the partial projects aren't the sort of things I could finish anyway.

I finished a rug my mother started and it came out a little lopsided. We didn't have the same stitch gauge. Almost, but not quite. It's hard to finish someone else's project because of that.

As for buying yarn when you don't have a project in mind ~ SO? You buy a package of screws (or whatever) because you need 3, but they only come in a pkg of 50 or 100. Do you feel you can't buy them until you have a plan for all of them?

Almost all of my yarn is bought without a project in mind because NOW is when it is on sale. If I can buy it now for 1/4 the price, now let me think, do I really want that yarn?

Real Deal

Archived