tree skirt CAL?

sunnyvale_22

Did anyone get their issue of Crochet Today yet. It has a really neat tree skirt in their that has reindeer

There is also a stained glass afghan that is to die for. Guess I will have to save that one for another. So many ideas so little time.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyone get their issue of Crochet Today yet. It has a really neat tree skirt in their that has reindeer

There is also a stained glass afghan that is to die for. Guess I will have to save that one for another. So many ideas so little time.

Ya know, I really should just subscribe, since it's hit-or-miss whether they have it at the stores!

Does anyone know when christmas yarns come out. I have never had the occasion to look for it before and I want to use it to make my tree skirt? Thanks again. I hope you all have a great night and get lots done. :manyheart

Well, it's coming along quite nicely, although I have to say joining the two-colored "quilt blocks" is a pain in the rear for me! (Maybe I'm doing it wrong.:blush )

Anywho...here's a pic of what I've done so far:

TreeSkirtCrop.jpg

Wow ~ am I in this CAL alone? No one has posted in awhile! Well...I started mine last night. I am doing the RR one in a Christmas burgandy with gold thread running through it. I am SO pleased with the way it is turning out. I will try to post a picture later. What's going on with everyone elses?

Wow ~ am I in this CAL alone? No one has posted in awhile! Well...I started mine last night. I am doing the RR one in a Christmas burgandy with gold thread running through it. I am SO pleased with the way it is turning out. I will try to post a picture later. What's going on with everyone elses?

I'm still here - just haven't worked on mine as much. I'm about a quarter of the way through the third row. Hopefully, I'll get more done on vacation.

I'm going to get some yarn over the weekend. I found the pattern I'm going to do.

It was a free one I picked up at the store. I'm not to sure what colors I'm going to do it in yet.

So I should start sometime over the weekend.

Nope, you're not alone. I'm back to mine (after a week off to make some scarves), and I'm 2/3 the way through the second panel of my skirt. I find it's easy for me to accidentally crochet into the wrong stitch when I'm increasing at the end of the row, as I did that twice last night, so I got held up by having to undo and redo a couple of rows. But at least I'm catching them much sooner than the dozen or so rows I needed to rip out last month. Patty

I'm guessing this has already been posted, but there is a tree skirt pattern in the new Crochet Today! You can see it by searching Crochet Today! and the home page shows the tree skirt. It is called Retro Reindeer Tree Skirt.

Thanks ,Debbie

uwcheese

I'm guessing this has already been posted, but there is a tree skirt pattern in the new Crochet Today! You can see it by searching Crochet Today! and the home page shows the tree skirt. It is called Retro Reindeer Tree Skirt.

Thanks ,Debbie

uwcheese

Oh, that's cute! I don't have the magazine...how is the reindeer worked? It looks like a felt applique in the picture.

Amanda

Oh, that's cute! I don't have the magazine...how is the reindeer worked? It looks like a felt applique in the picture.

Amanda

It's not an applique...you crochet the reindeer and then sew it on. It is cute, isn't it? I worked on mine some more last night ( the RR one) and it is coming along nicely. I will post pictures soon!

I am still here, I bought some yarn and I found another pattern but I still think I will like the rr but we shall see what I decide to do. I am waiting for pics from everyone else though.:manyheart

I finally started my tree-skirt. I am doing the round ripple using a K hook and Caron Pounder in White, Kelly Green and Scarlet. I will post a picture when I get a little further along.

The only thing that worries me is what others have posted about the hole looking small.

Pam

I have finally downloaded pictures of my progress. I was worried about the "hole" being too small also but I realized that the bigger it gets, the more it will overlap or come together around the base of the tree. Please let me know what ya'll think!

th_BillsBirthday2007002.jpgth_BillsBirthday2007001.jpg

Sorry...I don't know how to make them "clickable"!

That looks awesome. I already have my yarn for my skirt too. I am using css in autum red and green and white I went for tradional colors I am excited to see how they work. Where did you get your pattern? I don't know if I have that one or not. I hope you are having fun with it. I will check in again see how they are all turning out.:manyheart

I have finally downloaded pictures of my progress. I was worried about the "hole" being too small also but I realized that the bigger it gets, the more it will overlap or come together around the base of the tree. Please let me know what ya'll think!

It looks great! What size hook did you use? I know there is some concern about the hole size, so I'm wondering if a larger hook alleviates that problem.

Amanda

That looks awesome. I already have my yarn for my skirt too. I am using css in autum red and green and white I went for tradional colors I am excited to see how they work. Where did you get your pattern? I don't know if I have that one or not. I hope you are having fun with it. I will check in again see how they are all turning out.:manyheart

The pattern for this is in the beginning of this thread. It is very simple to do and works up pretty quick!

It looks great! What size hook did you use? I know there is some concern about the hole size, so I'm wondering if a larger hook alleviates that problem.

Amanda

I used an "H" hook. I think what would alleviate the hole size problem is if the ripple pattern itself repeated a couple more times. I, however, don't have a clue as to how to figure that out as far as beginning chains would go. Anyone have any ideas how to figure it out?

I used an "H" hook. I think what would alleviate the hole size problem is if the ripple pattern itself repeated a couple more times. I, however, don't have a clue as to how to figure that out as far as beginning chains would go. Anyone have any ideas how to figure it out?

Teehee! Are you using the one from my blog? I just kind of played around until I got that result. I'm not sure how to figure out the math for repeats...Krystal16 is pretty good at math (from what I've seen). If you pm her, she might be able to help.

Amanda

Teehee! Are you using the one from my blog? I just kind of played around until I got that result. I'm not sure how to figure out the math for repeats...Krystal16 is pretty good at math (from what I've seen). If you pm her, she might be able to help.

Amanda

Yep that's the one I'm using! Thanks for the info...I will PM her!

I picked up my yarn over the weekend!!

Well I started it and had to start over 2 times so I put it away for a bit. Maybe this weekend, I will try again

Archived