Help need to remove MOLD from Christmas stockings

OK my son and wife live in HI. For some reason she is looking at Christmas stuff. Maybe because her hubby who has been in Iraq since Aug 06 is due home soon :clap. Well here is the Problem. MOLD....they have handmade Knitted Stockings that my mother has made for the entire family. Theirs have mold. Any ideas that could help???

THANKS

Is it green mold or black?

I would spray them with lysol to kill the mold. Then if they are washable, I would wash them. A friend had a mold problem once when the AC in her empty FL apt broke. I went over there and there was mold on everything, but lysol and either wiping them down or washing them solved all the problems. I hope she can save the stocking! You might suggest they use DampRid in their storage areas to control the humidity.

TSP works wonderful on mold as well although I'm not sure if it works on fabrics. A shame about what happened to their stockings but I hope the mold problem goes away in time for them to enjoy their holidays.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

i don't have any suggestions. but i do know you need to find something that will kill the mold! my house is a very moldy house, unfortunaly...most times if i find something moldy i throw it away. but i know this is something of value. the only thing i know of that kills mold is bleach and you don't want to use that! ihope she finds something that works!

THANKS ladies!! I have sent all hints to her. Sure hope this works. If not I KNOW that gramma/granny (great gramma) will make them new ones but it is the idea :eek

OK my son and wife live in HI. For some reason she is looking at Christmas stuff. Maybe because her hubby who has been in Iraq since Aug 06 is due home soon :clap. Well here is the Problem. MOLD....they have handmade Knitted Stockings that my mother has made for the entire family. Theirs have mold. Any ideas that could help???

THAN

In the old days when almost every thing had to be starched and sprinkled before ironing, we'd put the clothes in the fridge. Sometimes if left in too long, there would be mold. If that happened, I'd put them outside in a bright sunny spot for however long it took usually a day or two

Archived