Labels for your work

I don't make them for mine although my father seems to think I should. However, I seem to recall finding some of the wal-mart of my home town. I believe you had to place your name on them but they were simple "Made with love by:" or "Made by:" or well you get the idea. I am almost positive I saw them there though. This was a bit ago however so I could be wrong again but if memory serves me right!

If you want to make your own, you can get the blank Iron-On sheets in the computer paper section of, say, Wal-Mart. Find a smooth 1" wide ribbon. At home, using a word processing or graphics program (I used MS Publisher) make your own design to fit no bigger than 1" top-to-bottom. Fill up the page with as many as you like (this makes it easier for future labels!), then print in reverse on the Iron-on paper. Cut into strips, then iron it onto your ribbon. cut your ribbon to size, and voila! You have your labels.

Do any of you sew labels onto your work like they have for the Project Linus stuff? If so, where do you get your labels or if you make them, how?

You can order personalized labels at Herrschners. I also saw some similar labels at Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft store in Grand Rapids, MI earlier today but you would have to add your own name to the labels so you can probably find them at their web site to order. (I think they were $1.50 a pkg in the store but I don't remember how many were in a pkg and there are 4 labels in a pkg - I was in another Joann's store 9/12 and looked there. :lol )

Here are some other places for ordering labels:

Charm Woven Labels

Namemaker

For making your own labels:

Tutorial for making your own labels

Tutorial for personalized labels

HTH! :hook

I have bought those labels that you put your name on, but the problem I had was that any and every pen I used - it would bleed and my name would end up illegible no matter how small I tried to write it. I even bought a fabric pen, hoping it wouldn't spread, but it did. :(

I've since ordered personalized ones from Hersshners, and I just stitch them on. :yay

Archived