Taught myself...

RunningMommy

Yay! I taught myself how to knit today! I've been wanting to learn for a while now and finally decided to go out and get a pair of needles. I bought size 7 needles and found online videos... 3 hours and quite a bit of cursing later I think I finally got the hang of it. :cheer:clap:cheer

At first I was trying it "continental" style but quickly realized that the "english" style is much easier for me. I managed to cast on, knit, purl, do some ribbing and bind off. Now I'm in need of a good free patterns web site... any good ones out there?

:tup Good job, I also taught myself to both knitt and crochet. But now I have found a local lady who answers so many of my knitting questions. Bless her she is walking me through :socks socks!!

Congratulations!! :clap That's great!

I learned to knit the English style before I really learned crochet, so I'm more comfortable with "throwing" the yarn as well.

I use Knitting Pattern Central all the time. It's great! Lion Brand also has free patterns available and rates them by difficulty level - you just have to sign up to get a free account. http://cache.lionbrand.com/content-knittingPatternIndex.html

Have fun! :)

Archived