Does anyone else...

Bizzyboppers

...hyperventilate when they think of trying a new knitting pattern?

Do you have to work yourself up to it for days, weeks, even months??

I do.

I just want to know I'm not alone.

I just don't want to end up being the only knitting-weenie here.

:(

I just don't want to end up being the only knitting-weenie here.

:lol

I don't necessarily "hyperventilate" but I get super nervous. I've only done a few small things BUT I have a million patterns bookmarked, :lol . I'm afraid I'll mess up and not know how to fix my mistakes! :think

So, nope...your not the only "knitting-weenie" here! knit.gif

Take a deep breath and dive in, girls!

I guess I'm the opposite, I will try anything if I really want to make it. I figure, what is the worst that can happen? I taught myself to knit by trial and error (same w/crochet). For the record, I have yet to try a pattern I couldn't figure out. If you have basic skills and a good knitting reference by your side to help you with any unfamiliar terms or techniques you should be good to go. If you have doubts, try a small sample of the pattern first on some scrap yarn - make a swatch of the pattern stitch - to get the feel for it. Hey...you're not going to be thrown in the stocks in the public square if you make a mistake or find out you don't want to finish the pattern. If it doesn't work out, just call it a learning experience and use the yarn for another project. :)

I was slightly intimidated by the huggable hedgehog.....but I figured if I can knit a sock....I should be able to do just about anything!!! I find that most patterns, if you just take it row by row....and have a good reference book handy....you can do just about anything.

Remember, knitting is supposed to be FUN! What's the worst thing that could happen?

My first sock pattern made me feel a bit that way, so you're not alone. I was determined to "get it", however, so I decided to take it step by step and give myself permission to frog as much as necessary. After much frogging and general confusion, I finally got it and I'm so glad I did. Hang in there and give yourself permission to learn by your mistakes. You can do it!

Archived