Found ANOTHER Afghan Pattern I Like!

Like most of us here at the 'ville, I'm addicted to patterns. :rock I think this is a good addiction because for me looking at patterns inspires creativity!

Always in search of more afghan patterns, I found one in Vanna's Favorite Crochet Gifts. It's on page 42-43, called Understated Elegance. Her pattern features a monotone afghan body made simply with rows of dc. The 'ghan has a border comprised of granny squares, also made from the same color yarn. I tend to make my afghans using multiple colors rather than one over-all color, but the addition of the squares as border really adds lots of style to a simple design. I'm going to try this pattern soon, but instead of rows of dc, I think I'll use rows of V-stitch. That will give it a little more pattern in the afghan body and also make for a lighter-weight 'ghan.

Now, what color??:think Ooh, the possibilities.......

I have that same book and have a few of the patterns in my "to do one day" file.

The one I really want to make is the Christmas afghan. The one that has the red background with green and cream wreaths. I love that afghan ...but an entire afghan of single crochet!:eek That might take forever.

One day I'll get brave enough to tackle it though.:hook

That is a really beautiful afghan and love it in the pink, so elegant....but if you want to jazz it up a bit, it could be made with multi colored grannies and a solid inside square...could see that being great as well....:manyheart

Here's the link to my show and tell post.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=44021

How beautiful! You did a great job. Love it in pink! And actually it looks fairly simple with the granny squares all around. But it's still a LOT of work.:hook

Dawn, your afghan is gorgeous! I'm convinced now! That pattern has moved up to the top of the list!

Archived