Does anyone collect vintage hooks?

I just got Encyclopedia of Crochet and seeing all of the lovely vintage hooks made me want to start collecting them. The only other thing I collect is frogs of all sorts, so I figure I can use another collecting hobby. :D

Do any of you collect vintage hooks? Where did you start? What's your favorite one? Any pictures? :hook

I'm so excited about this prospect , that I plan on calling the local antique stores this afternoon to see if they have any. I've also put my estate sale, auction attending grandmother on the lookout. :yes I've seen a few beautiful ones on eBay that I intend to purchase soon and added the seller to my favorites. :woo

I poured over the pictures of hooks in Encyclopedia of Crochet for at least an hour last night, :drool over the hooks. So much so that DH said "you know, that's not Harry Potter." My answer: "yes, dear, it's my other obsession."

Okay, enough rambling. Tell me anything you know about collecting vintage hooks!

I have one, an ivory hook my MIL got forme on E-bay, it's wrapped up and put away safely and now I don't even remember where to go take a pic of it :lol

I don't collect them. I inherited a bunch of old knitting needles though.

I do know that there are 2 different vintage boye hook sets for sale on ebay. one is in a plastic standing case and the other is in a box and from teh 1920's.

Don't have the links anymore though (deleted the CGOA email that had them in it).

I have a extensive collection of old crochet hooks.

I have Pewter hooks. Bone Hooks, mother of pearl handled hooks, Ivory, Plastic, Bakelite, Cork handles, Wooden handled, Agate handled, and gold handled, and Sterling silver handled. Whatever you could imagine making a hook out of I probably have. I have been Collecting hooks for years now.

Most of these are thread hooks. Since thread crochet is my passion.

I have collected them from yard sales, Antique malls, Ebay, I just keep my eyes open for hooks everywhere I go. I have something like 240 collectiable hooks. Sorry no pictures at the moment, most are boxed up and in storage. Keep telling myself I need to get pictures. But that would be rather large task.

Archived