Socks (See my progress!)

rstultz

I just started my first pair of socks with a lovely bamboo sock yarn. I will post pictures of my progress later.

I need help with my pattern, the lady that is teaching me is away for a few days and I just can't bear to wait.LOL!

"Divide sts for heel:

______sts on #1 needle

______sts on #2 & #3 needles

Work back and forth on the #1 needle as follows:

Row 1 (right side): *SL1, K1* rep between * across

Row 2 : Sl1, P across. Work _____rowa (You will have half as many slipped sts making it easy to cout) End after last sl1, K1 row.

***I have 40 stiches on my needles, how do I know how many to divide?

***Do I just knit on one needle now?

***For how many rows?

Yes, you just work on one needle for now. You are working the heel flap which is done in rows (not rounds like the rest of the sock). The pattern will tell you either how many rows OR the length of the heel flap.

The pattern should tell you how many stitches on each needle you should have - it sounds like needle #1 is the needle you are working off of now.

After you work the heel flap and turn the heel, then you will pick up stitches along needles #2 and #3 for the gusset and then continue to work around.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions!

Well here is the begining of my first pair. I am getting ready to start the gusset. They are for my daughter.

aug044.jpg

aug050.jpg

I really need to learn to take good close up photos.:think

Nice work! Love the yarn, where did you get it? It's bamboo? Love that too! I am addicted to those lovely natural fibers!

Eileen

Thanks, I got it at a local yarn shop. It is sooooo soft!:c9

Well I got 1/2 through the foot part and tryed it on dd and she can't get it on her heel :eek . Its to tight. I guess I will have to start over!:bang At least I didn't finish it to find out it was the wrong size. I guess I know what I am doing now so it should go quick. :knit

• 3 weeks later...

I am decreasing for the toe now!! Cheer me on. I took a break and have been going slower on my second try. But now I found a pattern I want to do so I am speeding up. I will post a picture this evening.

Congrats on your first sock! Sounds like you are figuring out the process. I remember the first sock I ever knit - I had to rip it out several times, and it didn't fit at first, either....ugh! But, stubborn persistence really pays off, and once you figure it out, you can make socks forever! :clap Can't wait to see the final product. :cheer

• 3 weeks later...

Well here is a picture:photo of my progress. Its been slow going, :snail I have been dealing with depression really bad and just don't seem to want to knitt or crochet. I get too distracted when I try.:sigh

I hope to finish sock #2 this week, then there are a few things I would like to figure out how to fix. The holes on the gusset seem funny to me. :? I am happy with this pair since it is my first but what to perfect the next few pairs. :knit

aug155.jpg

Congrats on your progress! :clap You're doing great. You can close up those gusset holes with a tapestry needle and some spare yarn, and then just weave the yarn tails in. Good luck with sock #2. :yarn

Congrats on your progress! :clap You're doing great. You can close up those gusset holes with a tapestry needle and some spare yarn, and then just weave the yarn tails in. Good luck with sock #2. :yarn

Thanks for the tip, I( will try it. You don't see the holes unless the sock is really streached.:whew

Archived