My AC Moore has new yarn

anu_paradox

A while back I saw that Michaels was getting new yarns so I was wondering if AC Moore would do the same. I went today and saw many of the new brands that Michaels is carrying are also at AC Moore. Here is what I saw:

Vanna White's Yarn

Cottonease (used to only find it at Michaels)

Grace (used to only find at Michaels)

A wool and silk blend (I think the brand was Moda Dea)

Bernat Bamboo

Bernat- some alpaca blend (can't remember the name)

Organic Cotton- a thick yarn by Lion Brand and a thinner one from Bernat

Bernat- some felting yarn, I don't felt so I didn't pay much attention to it

There were a few others but I just can't remember them at the moment. The new yarns mostly seem to be higher end yarns so they are not cheap, but with the 40% coupons it can be a great way to try new yarns and fibers.

Not all AC Moore's are the same though. My local one does not carry as much as my sister-in-laws does in upstate New York. Also my local AC Moore's is just not very easy to get to and is really far away. Michaels on the other hand is quite close and in the same shopping center is a really nice yarn shop called The Yarn Garden. I have been lucky on sock wool at The Yarn Garden lately. Modea stripes is all acrylic much to hot for my feet. Acrylic just does not breath!

I need to check out AC Moore in Greensboro I love it but had noticed that they seemed to reduce the yarn. I got the new weekly sales paper yesterday on my email and lt listed all the new yarns. I really would like to try bamboo.

Archived