Wedding present

tnlefty

Question

Help:eek :think

I'm been invited to a wedding tea on the 17th. It's for someone I don't know and don't want to put a great deal of time into gift. However, of course I want it to look like I did.

I'm thinking about making some potholders and also thought about some coasters. Do any of you have any coaster patterns or do you have some other idea and pattern that I might use.

Thanks for the help. It's great to know you guys are out there and always willing to help and/or encourage.:hug

8 answers to this question

You might want to have a look around here: Ultimate Kitchen Gift Basket

It's got suggestions/links to patterns for tons of stuff that would make a good kitchen gift basket. Last time I checked there were dead links here and there but plenty of the links still work...

I really like these, too:

Options Placemat & Coaster

Polish Stars Potholders (pdf file). This one looks horribly complicated but it wasn't that hard once I started in on them.

Also these are really quick to work up because you work around one of those round scrubber pads:

Suzetta's Scrubbie

Sunflower Scrubber

:night Barbara,

Does it need to be a kitchen item? I've never been to a wedding tea before, just regular showers with no theme.

I've found that pillows are always wells received (they typically go straight on the bed because only one person I know has comfortable pillows on every bed in the house). You can pick up inexpensive ones, with plain white pillow cases and crochet border around them with crochet thread. I know up here (in Canada) I can do the entire present for $10-15, with a few hours to do the borders. Of course if its someone special to you, nice feather/down pillows and up-graded pillow cases are great. :sleep

It look like a lot more than it actually is because of the size of it - I quickly iron the pillow cases, put them on the pillows, then stack the pillows on crossed over ribbon, and "wrap" simply by pulling the ribbon up to the top, tying & curling it.

Hope this helps!

Fran

oops - i put the sleepy smiley in the wrong spot! lol

maybe you could put together a tea basket with some tea, a teacozy, and a couple of pretty teacups?

this "wedding tea" is an idea i had'nt thought of but I'm so glad you posted it!

we are planning to renew our vows in 2 more years and are starting to plan out the ceremony and reception. since we are keeping it small, only about 60 -75 people, a teaparty reception might be a wonderful option for us. we were already planning on using sample tins of adagio teas for our favors.

Thanks guys:hug

It doesn't have to be a kitchen item. I just thought of the kitchen because I figured doing something for that room might be the easiest and quickest project to complete.

Thanks for the websites, will go there ASAP. I've never thought about a tea basket or the pillow idea, but either of those would be great. I especially like the tea idea as gifts for several of my friends who are big tea drinkers.

I'm going to a gift exchange next Saturday and I think I do the pillow idea for that.:dance

I'm in the wedding present boat too, though I have til the end of July to finish thank goodness! I've had the yarn for ages, but I keep changing what I'm going to do. My second thought was part of the 63 squares afghn, but that had bitten the dust. Making one for me will be enough work without making another one with a time limit!

The 5 1/2 hour throw from lion brand does look really nice though, and after freaking out about yarn amounts at first I realized I only need a few more skeins than I have. With the way my shoulder's going it seems like about the right amount of time too!

I thought about the dishcloth potholder thing too though... Oh well now I'm just rambling and I need to try to get some sleep. Good luck with whatever you end up doing, and be sure to show us pictures!

Archived