sc in next ch?

danucia2

Question

Hi i am confused by the pattern i just started.The part that confuses me says" Sc in Next Ch" I will include the previous row instructions so that hopefully it will make sense to some one.Thanks in advance.

Row 1.Dc in 4th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first dc) dc in each rem ch across-13dc. ch 1, turn

row2 Sc in first Dc and in each dc across, working last sc in next ch- 13 sc (ch 3 counts as dc on next row) turn

7 answers to this question

It sounds like they mean the chs that were part of the turning 'dc'.

*(skipped chs count as first dc)* so you would sc in top of the turning chain.

Hope that makes sense. :hook

It sounds like they mean the chs that were part of the turning 'dc'.

*(skipped chs count as first dc)* so you would sc in top of the turning chain.

Hope that makes sense. :hook

you lost me .you mean after i do the turning chain i would have to do like a reverse crochet or something? i don't understand.

Row 1.Dc in 4th ch from hook (skipped chs count as first dc) dc in each rem ch across-13dc. ch 1, turn

row2 Sc in first Dc and in each dc across, working last sc in next ch- 13 sc (ch 3 counts as dc on next row) turn

At the end of row 2 you are back at the beginning of row 1 ~ that is where your 4 chs (I marked it in red above) are. Work your last sc in the top of the 4 chs left from row 1.

I hope this makes better sense for you. :hook

Now i get it .Thank you! One more question for you.The part where it says "ch 3 (counts as dc on next row) this means that ch 3 is included in the count to come up with the 13 dc for that next row right? thanks so much for all of your help!

Looks like I'm a little late here but FYI this page has a very clear set of illustrations showing the initial chain 3, skipping the first stitch that the initial ch 3 takes the place of, and making your last DC into the top ch of the ch3 from the last row.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/double-crochet.htm

Archived