Crochet as a bargaining chip?

I just realized that I cleaned my apartment in record time today.

Why?

Because I told myself last night that I couldn't work on any crochet today untill I cleaned the apartment. It's amazing how well that that worked! :)

Does anyone else use crochet as a motivator to get other things done?

I figured it was only fair since I usually clean my home on my days off on Tues and Wed...but I spent the last "weekend" crocheting instead of cleaning. :oops

Yes, I occasionally do that myself!

And similarly, I just bought 2 new hooks from FancyKitty on Etsy that I wanted to try out. I worked a bit of a chain with each, then put them away, telling myself I wouldn't 'use' them until I'd finished the project I'm already working on.

My 9yo daughter has used them more than I have, I haven't quite finished that last project!!

Sally

I allow myself so much crochet time for everyroom cleaned. It works wonderfully. I get a lot of crocheting done and my house gets cleaned. It works something like 2 rows of crochet, clean the bathroom, 2 more rows of crochet. clean the bedroom, 2 more rows of crochet, well you get the idea. Before I know it the house is done and I have quite a bit done on my project. How much I alot myself depends on the size of project I am working on.

I kind of work the same way. But I don't crochet during the day. But today I'm working on spilting wood outside. It is kind of cool here today (only in the low 90's) But I'm going to crochet tonight for sure big time!!!!

Then in the morning when we go to town I'm going to buy yarn!!!!!

I work!!! I get yarn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hook

It is kind of cool here today (only in the low 90's)

Ugh. When you describe low 90's as "cool"...well that's why I had to moved from Raleigh to Seattle. :)

I can't believe that your splitting wood in that kind of weather. yuck.

:cheer Though Yay for yarn shopping trips! :cheer

Archived