"Enough"? Sorry, that word doesn't register

I have an (overflowing) abundance of patterns, and most of them are in English. This morning it finally occurred to me to begin collecting German patterns. :D

I am on my way to ..becoming my grandmother, I think. She has enough of, well, everything, to open up a craft shop. :hook

Anyway, tell me I'm not the only one who has a huge stash and is bored with it. :blush

Certainly you don't want sympathy from us?:lol (I've started collecting Japanese patterns and can't even read symbols yet!)

I was actually going to post asking a question about this. :) Not you in particular, but I noticed that during the C'ville auction, the Japanese patterns had a LOT of bids, and I found myself wondering "gee, I didn't know there were that many people who knew how to read Japanese characters!" when I saw how many people were bidding on them. Some of the patterns are just gorgeous! I was tempted to bid myself, but I doubt I'll ever learn how to read Japanese.

Elle

I was actually going to post asking a question about this. :) Not you in particular, but I noticed that during the C'ville auction, the Japanese patterns had a LOT of bids, and I found myself wondering "gee, I didn't know there were that many people who knew how to read Japanese characters!" when I saw how many people were bidding on them. Some of the patterns are just gorgeous! I was tempted to bid myself, but I doubt I'll ever learn how to read Japanese.

Elle

You don't really have to know how to read Japanese characters as their patterns usually are written using symbols or diagrams.

http://www.grannys-garret.com/symbol_crochet/symbol_crochet.html#top

ohh i own no japanese patterns but i have a friend who was an english teacher in japan and married a cute japanese girl...so if i decide to i can atleast have some help translating.

and on the stash thing i totally feel your pain i have more yarn than a lot of stores to and i still buy more because i neer have *just* the one i need. go figure

Yeah, many German patterns are just diagrams, but some are in written form as well. It's neat :D They have interesting names for their stitches, too. For instance, they call their ch stitches "air stitches" :D:D

Archived