need help with baby afghan pattern

danucia2

Question

Hello

Newbie crocheter here.I want to make this baby afghan pattern:

http://members.aol.com/fourleafcl1064/page24.html

my question is that it calls for 15 oz of pink sport weight yarn .(which i'm not even sure what sport weight yarn is to be honest)

i have plenty of lion brands pound of love super soft 4ply worsted weight yarn and caron brand simply soft yarn .can i use these or not? they seem soft enough especially the caron simply soft.but would it mess up the pattern? any help would be apreciated.also if anyone has any beginner baby afghan patterns they could pass along i would really aprecitate it,especially any patterns that would work well with ombre or verigatted yarns.I am making these for charity.

9 answers to this question

I believe Worsted weight is a medium thickness yarn & sport weight is a little lighter ~ so it goes by the thickness of the yarn.

You can use your worsted weight with correct hook and it might just turn out larger.

:hook:yarn

Ok that's kind of funny...I clicked your link to find out that it's for the baby blanket that I just finished today! :)

I used Caron Simply Soft and a H hook and it came out the same size.

Ok that's kind of funny...I clicked your link to find out that it's for the baby blanket that I just finished today! :)

I'm glad it came out the same as this is what i decided to use.I tend to have to go up a size in my hooks since my tension seems to always be too tight. do you have a pic of your blanket? would love to see it.

I just got it finished a moment ago so I plan on taking a picture tomorrow once I have some natural light again. I'll make sure to post it. :)

Hi Danucia2 :)

I finally posted those photos of the baby blanket. I made a post in the show and tell forum under the baby and childrens folder.

Here is the direct link: http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=908833#post908833

I hope your blanket is comming out good too! :hook

Archived