Extra Grannies

laughlovehook

I was going thru my piles of yarn and WIP's and found probably 10-15 granny squares that are 7 inches. They were left overs from a blanket that I made a while ago. And there isn't enough for another blanket, so I though I'd post here offering them up to anyone who is doing charity/comfortghans that could use purple squares. Some have a little pink in them however. They are all acrylic. I have 2 pink/purple squares that are 8 inches as well.

I'd prefer these go to someone doing charity or comfortghan projects. But will consider others if there is no need for them for charity.

Hi! I'd love to help you out with those squares! I would like to suggest though, that if they're similar colors, that you join them together to make scarves. There are lots of places that can use them, especially this time of year, with fall fast approaching. 7-8" is just perfect for a scarf. :) I would be more than thrilled to accept them for an afghan that I'm working on for the Native American Reservations, but there are many good charities out there who can use them as well.

Victoria

I belong to a charity group that does granny comfortghans. One of our causes is for the Hartwyck Trauma Center. The color of choice is purple. (kinda like pink is for breast cancer). If you have not found a home for them, I would be willing to accept them, assemble them and forward on to the trauma center. For more info on Crafting for a Cause, see the link in my signature. Have a great day!

Archived