Donated items

jpschabell

I would just like to say thank you to everyone who donates crocheted baby items for NICU's everywhere. I have a new great niece (4 lbs) who is the recipient of a beautiful hand crocheted blanket. My niece and her Mom were just so excited to go into the NICU one day and see a handmade blanket covering the baby. It was just beautiful. I told my sister about this website and how people donate things all of the time. She said, "well, tell them that we just looked at each other and cried when we saw ours and heard that it was donated". It truly is a wonderful world where people will spend hours on a project and then give it to someone they don't know.

Thank you everyone. You are greatly appreciated and probably don't get to hear it often enough!

Joni

:clap :clap :clap

I agree. My daughter was born 2 months early and someone had donated the tiniest booties that I have ever seen. I still have them packed away. She is now 7 and healthy. I know that having to not worry about something as small as keeping her feet warm was a relief. She was so early that we did not have much ready for her, let alone know where to buy such little clothes. Your donations do make such a difference to the parents who are having the most stressful time of their lives. Bless all those guardian angels who give to those they never meet.

I'm one of those guardian "angles" who donates things. Most of the time I don't even think about the blankets I make after I've dropped them off with Project Linus (lots of prayers and happy thoughts during the making tho...). They are a way to keep my hands busy and my heart happy. but it's little notes like this that remind me why, exactly, I do these things. I do them so that some little person and their family will know they are loved and cared for, even in the tough times. I hope the best for your littlest member of your family. My own niece was about 4lb when she was born 6 weeks early and is now 6 and doing great (still a tall, skiny stick though... but I think that might be genetics :P )

What a sweet note! Thank you for posting! I know that for me, I love doing things for charity, but sometimes the little tiny blankets are hard to make, because you just know what they'll be used for, and that's a sad time. I'm so glad to hear that your great niece is going to be fine though, and the other happy stories. :) Thanks again for posting! So sweet!

Victoria

Archived