question

How about the Peaches and Creme on the cones. I know it is a worsted weight, but some patterns say use a size 10 etc. are they talking the thin thread or the cone cotton thread/yarn.?????

Peaches and cream is worsted, like Red Heart. There are cones of cotton called bedspread weight. It's usually size 10 thread, which is the basic crochet thread, usually you use a size 6 or 7 steel hook. Its mostly for doilies and such. Size 3 thread is quite a bit thicker than size 10. About like baby yarn in size, but much more sturdy to the touch because it is cotton.

i dont know where the heck to find dk weight cotton either!!!! probably at an lys, but those shops are pretty expensive to me. esp when you need at least 4-9 skeins.

I am not certain where to find dk weight cotton. Bernat Softee Baby is a Sport D.K. weight. You might try posting this in the Crochet Help section. There are a lot of people that go there but not here. :) Good luck!

don't know if this helps, but i found a generic yarn weight chart, and under size 3 it lists: Aunt Lydia's Caress, Aunt Lydia's Shimmer, J&P Coats Silkessence Microfiber, Red Heart Sport, Red Heart Soft Baby, and TLC Baby.

Also the chart lists size 3 as DK and Light Worsted

Nathalie

What is the weight of crochet thread, size 3? It has no gauge measurements on the wrapper. Is it a fine weight? Like sock yarn weight?

Here's what the label on DMC Senso size 3 thread says:

[image of crochet hook] 2.50/3

[image of knitting needles] 3-3.5

I hope that helps a bit.

Archived