Jamie Classic is small!

That is fingering weight yarn. When I started out crocheting in the 60's there were so many types and colors of fingering weight yarn, it wasn't funny. Now it is very limited. I believe a long time ago, fingering weight and baby weight were the same. :hook

I knew the skeins were 2 1/2 oz. I did refer you to Smileys and it in the yarn description. I don't care if the skeins are smaller. It is really nice ww yarn and a lovely shade of peach!

Lorry

Jamie classic is WW, not fingering. There are other Lion Brand Jamie yarns in different weights. BTW per the Lion site it's discontinued??

You will need to make sure that you have enough yardage for your project, don't go by ounces. Example, RH Classic 3.5 oz skein has 190 yards, the Jamie Classic 2.5 oz skein has 116 yards. So, you have 9x116=1044 yards, which would be equal to the yardage of 5 1/2 skeins of RH.

Funny, this thread caught my eye. I just came across a skein of Jamie in some stuff I inherited/acquired (yard sale I think). My skein of Jamie says "Bonus Bundle" (pompadour baby yarn) and has 785 yards on it, so it looks about the size of a regular/average skein of RH or something.

(7 oz for this size skein)

hehe! i love jamie classic

its true the skeins are tiny! but it makes warm stuff in pretty colors.

i get mine from smiley's too :D i always get like 10 or 12 of the same color at a time

Archived