updated and ruffled... bad?

So, as it gets bigger it gets slower, as always. Here is the graph'ghan lying on top of the 'ghan that I made for my sister to get a size comparison to figure out how far I have to go. My next round will be true white with the more open boxy stitch, er, whatever that is that I did with the gray anyways... I really like the ripply effect from the dc's.

it's still not squared off. I'm looking at is as a nice ruffled effect? Whatever it takes to not be upset with my mistakes!!! I think the hearts caused my tension to go off cuz of having to bring in the other colors? The last couple ghans I made with the afghan hook did not get tighter in the middle like this one did, and that's what bums me out the most. The corners are wrong, I did this: dc, ch, dc, ch, dc in each corner... looking back I should have only used two dc's... ah well, live and learn, I'm not overly concerned about that. It'll be a funny thing tho, cuz today I talked to my step-mom and sent her a pic of Tracy's wedding afghan and my step-mom made a comment about how I shouldn't send a pic cuz when she sees it she'll want it, how she loves stuff like that... :manyheart won't she be surprised when she sees that I made one for her/them as well!!! Oh, the corners, she said that I'll have to teach her how to do corners cuz she always messes them up... lol! Apparently so do I!!! :hook

It's still pretty and my husband compliments it every time I hold it up for his inspection; telling me how beautiful it is and how I'm doing such a nice job and how they'll love it (little oopsies and all).

So here it is, an updated pic... I'm getting there!

ann13aug11.jpg

That is so beautiful I love it. The reason your pics aren't showing is because you're posting the http:// url, what you want to do is copy and paste the img code. That's what I do and all my photobucket pics show up. Make sure they are the right size though lol I had to resize all my pics b/c they were too big.

ann13aug11.jpg

huh, well there's the image code from my photobucket page, ah well, the link gets you there too, but it's a pain...

Thank you all for the kind and wonderful comments! I'm so excited to give it to them... My plan is to have my sister and my step-mom open their ghans together. :D

So very pretty!! I would be in tears if someone made that for me! You've put alot of hard work into it and Im sure they will really love it! If they dont get it, send them to the 'ville and we'll explain how much goes into it, set 'em straight! HAHA j/k

Really, Your work is gorgeous. Great Job! :clap

ann13aug11.jpg

huh, well there's the image code from my photobucket page, ah well, the link gets you there too, but it's a pain...

Thank you all for the kind and wonderful comments! I'm so excited to give it to them... My plan is to have my sister and my step-mom open their ghans together. :D

Wow I have four different links under my pics and the last one starts off with IMG Code then then the url then and that will show the pic instead of the link.

That is just beautiful! You're work is making me more confident for a star wars themed graph ghan my bf has planned for me to make. (On the plus side, since he saw the star wars graphs and discovered you can make things like that, he is very much considering taking up crocheting! Yay! Then he will finally understand the yarn need.)

But! Back to your ghan, I adore it. So much. I bet they won't notice the ruffly edge or the tension changes or anything but just LOVE LOVE LOVE it. In fact, most likely they won't even realize your mistakes. I know if I were to receive it, I would probably not be able to stop staring at it in awe since someone went through such work just for me.

:hug to Kiwikitti! Thank you!

Wow I have four different links under my pics and the last one starts off with IMG Code then then the url then and that will show the pic instead of the link.

yep, that 4th one on the bottom, I highlight the link, copy, and paste it here... weeeeiiiird!

:hug to Kiwikitti! Thank you!

yep, that 4th one on the bottom, I highlight the link, copy, and paste it here... weeeeiiiird!

Wow I wonder why it's doing that to you?

Archived