Do Overs

Has anyone started and restarted a project? I am currently working on an adorable baby bunting project for my sister-in-law and I have started over at least 3 times before I finally got it to the way it want it.

One of the reasons I had to start over was because the gauge seemed all wrong, and I did not want the bunting to be to big. So, I tried a smaller hood and now have the right gauge. The pattern instructions called for a fine baby yarn (showed a skien of yarn with a 2 in it) and a I hook. Found an I hook no problem, the yarn however, I wound up getting the closest I could find and it was Bernat softee baby was Wal-Mart. It just seemed odd to use such a big hook on such fine soft yarn and it was comming out sloppy looking.

Sorry for ranting on and on. But, its for someone special and I just want it to be perfect.

I've also had to start over because of miscounting starting chain. I had to chain 140 sc in 4th ch from hook sk 2 ch 5dc in st. And it makes in hard to see where next chain is sometimes becuase when you do the 5 dc in one st., it tightens the chain up and makes it hard to see when the next one is and by the time you reach the end of the chain your off by a stich or 2. I am glad to say I am over that hurdle and moving right along on my project. :hook

I too have started a project over. If I don't like the way it looks when I get started.

Sometimes I just have to relax and it will go a whole lot better.

Count me in on this one!!! my worst was making a dress for dd...started at the bottom of the skirt (ch291, sl st to beginning chain being careful not to twist...) three rows later i was able to see the twist :2eek I have not restarted that pattern (yet?)

I HATE it when I twist once I've joined in the round. So now, I've found it so much easier if I leave a longer tail from the chain, then do one or two rows just going back and forth and joining in the round on the second or third round once I can tell it's not twisted. Then once I'm done I just seam that little part together when I weave in the end. Hope this helps!!

Archived