Frustrated w/ WIP's

IdleHands

Question

I'm frustrated with my WIP's to the point where I'm ready to frog most of them and start over. I've got two shawls I tried to start, one with LB Chenille where the shell pattern doesn't show, the other is pretty but I would like to use the yarn for something else. The Wool-Ease chunky sweater that the gauge is so off that it won't fit anyone in my family. The knit socks and hand warmers still on the needles that I have lost patience in. I think the only ones that would remain are the grocery bags that I still need to make the handles for.

9 answers to this question

I had the same thing with a purse I was making. I lost track of where the rows started and didn't feel up like trying to figure it out. It sat for a year and last week my dd told me she wanted to make a purse out of nylon yarn. I gave her the half finished purse and told her to either finish it or frog it. she ended up frogging it and making a smaller bag from the yarn, and I am rid of a WIP. It felt great.

the worst thing about WIPs that sit so long is you're never quite sure what point you stopped at. I'm trying to work off "Stash Mountain" (AKA my closet LOL) and not buy so much new yarn.

The sweater is definitely getting frogged. Now the question is what to do with 9 skeins of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick? I kind of would like to do a sweater, but other than the knit sweater I tried (and badly flubbed), I haven't found any for a #6 super bulky weight. Maybe it's the wrong season to be looking???

To add insult to injury on this, I though I'd make 2 sweaters out of the same kind of yarn, so I actually have 9 skeins in a brick red and 9 in the white with black speckles. :2eek

I'm starting to think I should make another afghan out of the Thick & Quick even though I don't want to do another afghan.

if you want to do a sweater in the thick and quick try doing a smaller size with teh same hook and everything it will come out larger than the size but closer to what you want it to in size.

The new issue of Crochet! magazine has some bulky yarn sweaters in it. http://www.crochetmagazine.com/

I made the Lion Country Car coat in the bulky wool ease

http://cache.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/patternFinder.fcgi?search=Search&searchText=country

Here's a thread with a picture of the one I made

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42076

There are two asking for the #6 super chunky yarn, which is what I have. There are also a bunch of #5 chunky yarn patterns. If I make a pattern asking for the #5 using the #6 yarn, can I substitute the super chunky and use a smaller hook to get the gauge needed?

Archived