help needed please!

I finished the graph part of the anniversary'ghan that I'm working on. I edged it with a dc, ch1, sp pattern and did two rows of that which I really like. Then I thought I'd do dc's the rest of the way to get done a bit quicker, but I'm losing my shape! Should I worry, or will it even itself out with more dc rows??? I'm a bit stressed as this is an important gift and I'd hate to wreck it now! :ohdear

ann11july29.jpg

Do you mean you want to follow the( dc, ch 1, dc) rnds with solid dc sts?

That's not going to work very well. How about trying a (dc, ch 2, dc) rnd

and see how that looks. You could then do a (dc, ch 3, dc) round.

Jean

That is so pretty, terrific job. It doesn't look out of shape to me, and as long as you have the same number of stitches, it will block out just fine.

thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking, but I just needed someone who knew what they were doing to confirm! :lol

Jean, I just did the dc, ch and skip a stitch pattern just on those two rounds of gray, the rest of the afghan I'm planning on just doing dc's.

ah yes, this is working well. I'm not turning the 'ghan, I just keep going around and around, and every time I begin a new round I switch from front loop to back loop to give it a bit of a ripple texture. It's looking nice! I'm going to make another frame (like the gray) but with solid gray that time, and then I'll do a shell stitch to edge it.

This looks really nice, Dawn and Scott are going to love it!!

Just make sure that you put some extra stitches in each corner as you go around. I hope I'm not stating the obvious but if you don't, it will curl up.

thanks for the reminder, but yep I figured that out quickly! ha! I do a dc, ch, dc, ch, dc, and that's my corner, they're turning out well. I'm on the third round and my idea of doing one round in the front loop, then the next round in the back loop, that's coming out nicely as well. I'm happy again! Of course... I'll be happier when it's finished! :D

Sounds great! How about a new picture? I'm especially interested because I finished a baby blanket for my sister but don't know what to do for edging. Thanks for the ideas!

here's the new pic you wanted! It doesn't look like I did much, but I did! It's definitely getting bigger! yeah!!!

The second pic shows a corner so you can see my stitches... can you see how it's rippling from the fl, bl rounds? I really like that, it just adds a bit of texture.

ann12july30.jpg

corner.jpg

It looks like you worked 2 V-stitches into the corner at one point. so you want this to ripple... I wasn't quite sure.

I would be tempted to work a decrease here and there to keep it flat.

V stitch: dc, chn, dc into the same stitch. I can see the same thing too, but it may just be where you have finished off the row before.

Archived