need help with free form

um saif

hello,

i want to start free form....coz i like it....but i don't know how to start!!! :(

what kinds of yarns will be the best for free form projects?

and do any one have free pattern for any free form projects, please?:yes

Thanks in advance :)

I think you should google that....isn't the point of freeform to not use a pattern... if I'm not mistaken. I don't do that kind of crochet, but for myself when I am just "doodling" around with a hook and yarn, I like to have an idea where i'm going to end, so I know where to begin. I've seen some freeform completed objects that began as little pieces sewn together as wearable art or wall hangings. Good luck with your pursuit. Donna

• 4 weeks later...

I love to do Free Form Crochet. I teach free form workshops and have 2 books on How to do it. There are quite a few books out there, but the two I have done actually have patterns. I know many people say it is no longer free form if you write a pattern, but my idea was to give patterns so that you could get started, then go on your own once you learn the concept.

I give students a small set of instructions to make their first piece. It always amazes me that everyone's first try is so different. You would not believe that they all used the same instructions.

I'm not sure if its okay to post this here, but if you write to me at MHDesigner1@aol.com I will send you, via e-mail, a copy of the little exercise piece that I use in my classes. Any one welcome to ask for this.

Margaret

Hi, You have requested that I send you the instruction on how to start free form, but for some reason, I get an error message and the mail will not go through.

Margaret

Archived