Suggestions please

I have some leftover-yarn, maybe about 70-80 g fingering (baby) yarn. (I don´t know how many yards).

I need suggestions for what I can make of this.

Oh, by the way, there are two colours, white and yellow. There are a bit more of the white tan the yellow yarn.

Sounds perfect for some preemie hats. I would use both colours but end withwhite as yellow is not always a good colour for little ones who may be jaundiced.

Check the Charity blitz for addies

It's a perfect way to use up leftover yarn. I do it all the time, now. I have about 45 hats waiting to be sent to a Care Wear Listed hospital.

Actually, I am entering a preemie burial outfit in the county fair and when that's over (next Sunday), it's off to a hospital in Wisconsin. The whole box will be well appreciated.

It feels good to be able to do this little bit of kindness to these babies that really need some extra care.

If interested in Care Wear, click on the web addy on my signature. It's a very nice organization. They will send you some very nice newsletters if you sign up.

:manyheart

On hats like that, I usually put the ruffle on when the hat is about 4and a half to five inches from the starting point down. It is fun to experiment with new patterns and pieces of different patterns to see what you come up with. I do it all the time.

:manyheart

How about newborn hand mits? Sounds like the yarn would be nice and soft on baby's face, instead of scratchy new baby nails!

Are you asking where you place the ruffles, or are you looking for where the ruffles start in the pattern so you can use only that part of the pattern?

If the latter is the case, I would guess that they start in Round 10, when you start doubling the number of stitches.

Are you asking where you place the ruffles, or are you looking for where the ruffles start in the pattern so you can use only that part of the pattern?

If the latter is the case, I would guess that they start in Round 10, when you start doubling the number of stitches.

Thanks :) I now will try to put those ruffles onto another hat-model, so I needed to know where the "pattern-part" for the ruffles started.

I only make these hats and send them to other people who are closer to the situation than I...

I found myself wondering if these ruffles would not be in the way or cause problems for these dear little kids. I worry about a cuff that is too wide.

is there any clinical reason not to raise the head too high with ruffles and brims.

I would hate to see Daydreamer put in time to no purpose and I would like to know as well for other months when they come up.

I only make these hats and send them to other people who are closer to the situation than I...

I found myself wondering if these ruffles would not be in the way or cause problems for these dear little kids. I worry about a cuff that is too wide.

is there any clinical reason not to raise the head too high with ruffles and brims.

I would hate to see Daydreamer put in time to no purpose and I would like to know as well for other months when they come up.

Hmmm...I have never thought of that. I don´t know much about premature babies. If someone have any opinions on this, I would like to know :)

I´ll just postpone my hat-project for a while (the leftover-yarn won´t go anywhere ;) )

Archived