Waaah!!! just when I thought it was over!!

:grumpy the edging on this blanket SUCKS!!! well to say the least. it says 186 sc evenly across top edge. WTHeck!!! so there are 48 clusters of stitches with 4 stitches in each which equals. 192 so now i have to come up with some math equation ( math genius i am not) to make 186 sc look like 192 :eek:thair there is even more. it then states again to sc270 evenly down the sides. :thair just keep repeating I love my mom i do i really really do.

Shelly is your mom really set on that particular edging? When I get to that problem, I just make up one as I go. Most the times it ends up being a simple shell, but other times I look up other edgings and see what might work.

Good luck

Close your eyes. Take a deep breath. Exhale slowly.

So, you are 6 stitches short, which is a cluster and a half. What if you fudged two stitches (easier than fudging 6) and end up with 47 clusters across the top? I won't tell your mom if you don't.

OR, perhaps, does the next row instruct you to space corner clusters closer together, to avoid the edge from curling up?

Hang in there!:hug

I'm always fudging the # of stitches they say to evenly space!:D Always seems to work out. I just try to evenly space stitches. I don't worry about how many I have!:think Most of the time the blanket isn't the size it states in the pattern. Don't stress yourself out!:eek:no

Shelly is your mom really set on that particular edging? When I get to that problem, I just make up one as I go. Most the times it ends up being a simple shell, but other times I look up other edgings and see what might work.

Good luck

sadly yes, it is what made her want the blanket. grrr. i should tell her to edge it herself. lol i can't fudge the top because of the look of the blanket. i found a pic of the blanket from the book so you guys can see what i am saying. the blanket is all about the edging. hope its not too big. i think i will just kinda skip 6 stitches in the middle evenly spaced of course. lol right now i have taken a break and am going to make some little turtles from KristenM... i need a turtle army. lol

reminiscence.jpg

That is a gorgeous blanket! what book is it from or the name of the afghan?

I certainly see what you mean about it being "all about the edging!" I do a lot of cheating to get my edges to come out even too. So frustrating it can be! Here are some cheers to keep you going! I have every confidence that your piece is going to be beautiful when you are finished with it! :cheer:cheer:cheer

That's a beautiful afghan. Just relax and take a break for awhile. And don't forget to have fun!

That is a gorgeous blanket! what book is it from or the name of the afghan?

I certainly see what you mean about it being "all about the edging!" I do a lot of cheating to get my edges to come out even too. So frustrating it can be! Here are some cheers to keep you going! I have every confidence that your piece is going to be beautiful when you are finished with it! :cheer:cheer:cheer

its from afghans for all seasons book 4. thanks for the cheers. I took a break and made a turtle. only now I can't find my sewing needle. so poor little pinky is in pieces. till tomorrow then

I understand your dilemma. It really looks like the blanket is all about the edging. You did the right thing by taking a break. Then when you go back to it maybe you can figure out the math and continue on your way. {hint on top edge: every 31 stitches, decrease} One thing that I do is to decrese two stitches together instead of just skipping a stitch. I personally think it looks better. Good Luck.

I understand your dilemma. It really looks like the blanket is all about the edging. You did the right thing by taking a break. Then when you go back to it maybe you can figure out the math and continue on your way. {hint on top edge: every 31 stitches, decrease} One thing that I do is to decrese two stitches together instead of just skipping a stitch. I personally think it looks better. Good Luck.

thanks i didn't even think about that.. i am writing that in the book so if i do this again i know ( or if someone else is lucky enough to get my book they are a step ahead!!:clap )

thanks i didn't even think about that.. i am writing that in the book so if i do this again i know ( or if someone else is lucky enough to get my book they are a step ahead!!:clap )

Glad I could help. With the top and bottom figures at least!

That's a good idea to put these notes on the pattern! Like you said, just in case you do this one again.

It is a beautiful afghan. Good Luck!

This won't help with your stitch count, but to make it easier to go into the stitches along the side of your project, use a smaller hook to go into the space that you want your stitch to be, then pull up a loop and complete the stitch with the original hook. This is so much easier than trying to get a large hook through a tight spot.

This won't help with your stitch count, but to make it easier to go into the stitches along the side of your project, use a smaller hook to go into the space that you want your stitch to be, then pull up a loop and complete the stitch with the original hook. This is so much easier than trying to get a large hook through a tight spot.

I like this tip! Thank you so much for posting it.

Archived