valleys of a ripple afghan

noQcrocheter

Question

I am trying to design my own ripple, I can get the mountains to look really good the way I want them (for the "mountain" i plan to dc ch1 dc) But I cant figure out the valleys, I have done a sample of 2 rows and it looks straight, I am using a bulky weight and ww together and want to make it kinda like mesh does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

Normally for the mountain, you would crochet 3 in one stitch. Go down the hill how many stitches ( 7, 9, etc) then skip 2 stitches, then go up the hill your stitches (7, 9, etc), then the 3 in the middle for the mountain. The first two rows will be the hardest to establish. Then it should go smoothly. Hope this helps!

Normally for the mountain, you would crochet 3 in one stitch. Go down the hill how many stitches ( 7, 9, etc) then skip 2 stitches, then go up the hill your stitches (7, 9, etc), then the 3 in the middle for the mountain. The first two rows will be the hardest to establish. Then it should go smoothly. Hope this helps!

that is what I was doing for the valley but I am on the second row of my swatch and I cant see the valley at all but the mountains look great (to me anyway)

as you work down to your valley, you would work the dc decrease part in a DC on one side, (draw through two loops but still have two loops on hook) skip the two stitches and then work your other half of the dc decrease in the next stitch on the 'other' side. (draw through two loops, draw through three loops)

Archived