? About Fleece Blankets

Has anyone done the crocheted edging around a double-faced fleece blanket? Is that overkill, or is a single thickness more than enough?

I want to make a combination housewarming/birthday gift for someone who is a cat lover. I can get a really nice plaid fleece with cats and another fleece that compliments that. The second piece is the main color of the plaid, deep red, with black paw prints.

Will it be too difficult getting a hook through two thicknesses? Your thoughts and comments will be appreciated.

Hi! I've have not done this yet myself, although I've been waiting for the fleece to go on sale here so I can try it. I might use the Joann's coupon that's out this week for 50% off to buy some.

Anyway, I think the double thickness will be fine. I can't find it at the moment, but there is a website that sells the fleece with the holes already punched in it, and they have both single layer and double layer. The back is a complimentary color to the front. Maybe someone else will remember the website url.

So I think that as long as it is a regular fleece and not something really thick, it should work fine.

I hope you'll let us know how it works out. I have three cats of my own and this is a great idea! Maybe they would stay on their own little blankie and off of whatever it is that I'm trying to work on!

Anyway, I think the double thickness will be fine. I can't find it at the moment, but there is a website that sells the fleece with the holes already punched in it, and they have both single layer and double layer. The back is a complimentary color to the front. Maybe someone else will remember the website url.

I saved several good URLs to the blanket sources on a page of mine here for reference :hook

http://mermaiden.net/crochet/hemstitching.php

Thanks for the responses, ladies. Great links Mermaiden. I'd like to share the link to the site I use for fleece. They have some great stuff and reasonable prices.

http://www.totallyfleeceinc.com/home

I think I'm going to get double fabric. Depending on how long it takes to get here, I'll either do a crochet edge, or the no sew blanket. I need it for Aug. 17.

Mermaiden, That is a great page you have put together! Thanks for sharing it. I've bookmarked it. Hemstitcher.com is the website I was thinking about. I've bookmarked that one now too!

Archived