Central Arkansas Crochet Group?

Opal

Would anyone in central Arkansas like to get together for a crochet/knitting group? A friend of mine and I would like to see if some crocheters/knitters would like to get together to visit and if you like ... work on projects. Maybe even give or get tips from each other about crochet/knitting.

We don't know where we would do this yet. We want to see who wants to do it first. Then we can decide where we would meet. I'm sure we would pick somewhere between Little Rock and Cabot. I live in Cabot and she lives in NLR.

Just let me know.

Opal

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I would love to if it were closer to me! I live in Fort Smith and wouldn't be willing to drive 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Actually, there is a new LYS here and they host a weekly SNB that I think is supposed to be crochet-friendly. I haven't been because it's hard for me to get out without the kids. It sure would be nice if I could find a crochet play group!

I feel the same way. I live about an hour and a half from Little Rock so it's a bit of a drive for me especially since I work nights. Good luck to you though.

Carrie

I live in Bentonville, which is about 4 to 4 1/2 hours away. A bit to far to drive. I wish there was something closer to me. I wish you the best of luck.

hello opal-I live in Brinkley,about 65 miles from Mcain mall, I would love to get together some time,I would love to meet new friends! Just post where and when-I work 3/11 shift at local nursing home. thanks for including me

Our first meeting!!!

It will be at the Golden Corral on Sept. 8th. If you would like to come just message me by Sept. 7th. You will need to let me know if you want to bring someone with you. I have to have a head count for the Golden Corral when I get there on the 8th. They will try to get us some tables together.

If you can, bring something you might be working on right now. You don't have to but I thought it might be fun.

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone! See you there!

Opal

• 2 weeks later...

We had our first meeting today. :cheer

It was a lot of fun. :clap

We had a total of five people show up. We are planning to have our next meeting at Michael's in North Little Rock on Oct. 6th. They will let us use one of their classrooms for the meeting. There will be a charge of $30 for 3 hours to use the room. We will just divide up the cost between the people who show up the to the meeting. I plan on bring some crackers and dip to the meeting. That way we'll have something to eat while we're there. We decided to name our group "The Yarn Dolls". We also decided to participate in the Knitting for Noggins campaign. So, next meeting we will be working on crocheting hats for it. I really hope more people will get to come to the next meeting. If you would like to come just message me.

Here is a link to the picture of the people who came to the first meeting:

1347576855_304d39feac.jpg?v=0

Hope to see you at the next meeting! :)

Opal

I had a ball at our first meeting, thanks Opal for contacting everyone. What a great group of girls. Will see you at the Knitting for Noggans, can't make the Michael's meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Arkadelphia.

If there is a group in this area, I don't know about it, but would love to.

At some point in the near future, hopefully within the next year, I am going to be moving to a larger house.

I would be interested in hosting a crochet group at that time, if anyone is near me and would like to do so.

If no one responds to the suggestion thru here, then when I do get into a larger house, I may post an ad in the local newspaper and see what develops from that.

Gosh, I wish I was in a larger house, NOW, but I'm not, so I'll have to wait and hope a group can be started later.

• 2 weeks later...
I spent 4 years there, at OBU. It's always a shock to go back and see the changes. Missed out on homecoming this year though.

Did you really??? Wow. I can't believe that someone is on this board who went to college here!

Yes, there are lots of changes going on.

When were you here....what years?

• 2 weeks later...

We are having our next meeting on Nov. 3rd at Michaels again. If anyone new would like come just message me and I'll give you the time we are meeting.

Opal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eek! I wish I would have seen all of this before.. I guess I should have checked my PMs a long time ago..

Id love to come to some of the mettings. Id have to make sure my youngest had a nurse and my oldest had somebody to keep him and that things were going ok with this preg but I might be game for the Feb meeting.

That's great! We would love for you to come. I sent you a PM with all the info about our meetings. I hope you get to come soon. Can't wait to meet you!

Opal

• 2 weeks later...

Archived