Warm Up America

Scorpio59

:)I am collecting 7" x 9" sections to assemble into lapghans and afghans for Warm Up America. No black please.

My daughters Junior Girl Scout Troop will be assisting with assembly and delivery of the finished afghans to the local Women's Chris Center, Cancer Wing of the local Hospital and / or Nursing Home. This will count towards their Community Service requirement for the year.

Instructions and pattern ideas can be found at:

Warm Up America

Please contact me privately for my mailing address if you would like to contribute some 7" x 9" sections.

Thank you so much!

There is no deadline for this (yet). I am teaching my daughter how to sew together squares now - so she can teach her troop in September.

The first meeting is mid September. So as long as I have some squares to start with I'll be fine. I am also going to make some squares myself .

Scorpio,

I have been making 7" x 9" squares to donate to warm up america!!!! I was going to drop them off at Michaels, but instead I will forward them to you. What a great project for the girls. I'll pm you for your address:cheer

Yarnscrapper

(The bag lady):devil

Scorpio,

I have been making 7" x 9" squares to donate to warm up america!!!! I was going to drop them off at Michaels, but instead I will forward them to you. What a great project for the girls. I'll pm you for your address:cheer

Yarnscrapper

(The bag lady):devil

Thank-you Yarnscrapper! I am really looking to forward to working with the girls on this!

Lorraine

• 2 weeks later...

So, how are things going with this? I don't have time right now to make any, but I will in a little while, once I move. I did see this post, and wanted to bump it up for anyone who can help now. Let us know how it goes with the girls! :) My cousin's girl scout troup was trying to learn to crochet, but the leaders didn't know how, so they needed my sister to teach them. They thought that the girls could learn to crochet, and have a scarf made by the end of the first meeting! I'm sure they could have learned how to join squares by the end of the meeting, but an entire scarf? Last I heard, it's been almost a year, and the girls are still working on the scarves, but most have given up... Sad... I'll suggest they join squares into scarves or afghans though. What a great idea!

Victoria

• 3 weeks later...
Scorpio,

I sent you about a dozen squares for your charity. I just wanted to make sure you received them!!

Yarnscrapper

Yarnscrapper-

You must be psychic !

Yes- I received your wonderfaul squares. Thank-you so much! We are moving into a new house and half my stuff is over there. Just today I was unpacking some boxes and came across your squares again. I say you are psychic because it was just about the same time you posted!

I apologize for not thanking you sooner. My life is topsy- turvy right now with the move. No excuse I know and I am sorry.

The first GS meeting is next month and I am all ready to get those girls working! Actually this Saturday my daughter and I are invited to a Warm Up America knit and crochet event at a local church so I will be getting really revved up for September after that!

:ty

Andthank you Veronica for the bump!

Scorpio,

I sent you about a dozen squares for your charity. I just wanted to make sure you received them!!

Yarnscrapper

Yarnscrapper-

You must be psychic !

Yes- I received your wonderfaul squares. Thank-you so much! We are moving into a new house and half my stuff is over there. Just today I was unpacking some boxes and came across your squares again. I say you are phychic because it was just about the same time you posted!

I apologize for not thanking you sooner. My life is topsy- turvy right now with the move. No excuse I know and I am sorry.

The first GS meeting is next month and I am all ready to get those girls working! Actually this Saturday my daughter and I are invitied to a Warm Up America knit and crochet event at a local church so I will be getting really revved up for September after that!

:ty

Andthank you Victoria for the bump!

Archived