zig-zag ripple bunches up...

melindascrochetbits

Question

like an accordian...wht am I doing wrong? The instructions said to use sc but I am not sure if that is the problem or if it is because I am crocheting to tight. I crochet tight but I have been trying to ease up on the tension during this product.Any advice?

7 answers to this question

like an accordian...wht am I doing wrong? The instructions said to use sc but I am not sure if that is the problem or if it is because I am crocheting too tight. I crochet tight but I have been trying to ease up on the tension during this product.Any advice?

There is a ripple pattern where it is supposed to do that. Are you sure you aren't making that one by chance? :wlol

it is a aig zag stitch out of a book I got out of the public library (The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches by Reader's Digest pg 201, Close Chevron Stitch is the actual name of the stitch) I just called it the zig zag b/c that is what it looks like to me. I am in the middle of rw 22.I am still looking for this book to purchase but have not found it yet. Hope this little information help out. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Try Amazon.com for the book, or Walmart.com .

As for the bunching, are you working to gauge? You may have to go up a few hook sizes to get the right tension. Don't be afraid to change to the hook that makes the correct gauge for the way YOU crochet.

there is no gauge in the book. It is just the direction to make the zig zag

( multiples of 11 plus 2) I am just using the directions to make an afghan with.

IOW..it is not an actual pattern for an afghan just the directions for the design. Hopes this makes sense.

I agree about going up some hook sizes. You generally get a better drape in your crochet fabric by using a larger hook. You can use that bit of info for lots of stuff you do.

I was serious about the pattern being intended to bunch up and it was a chevron pattern that I saw using that. However, if you have the picture of the stitch and it is not shown that way then it is definitely time to play with your hooks... if you want to :frog that is.

Archived