Lion Brand V-stitch blanket

econ-nerd

Question

Hello,

I am looking at the Little V-Stitch Blanket pattern from Lion Brand (http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/70119A.html) and thinking about making it. My question: Has anyone tried it using Baby Soft instead of Cotton-Ease? :think I realize that the guage is different since I believe the Cotton Ease is a bit heavier than the Baby Soft and I can compensate for that but thought I might throw the question out here first to see what others may have done already. Why reinvent the wheel :lol

Thanks so much in advance :hug

7 answers to this question

You should be able to make it using whatever yarn you want. Just change your hook size. The overall size may be different but you can always change the number of stitches/rows to compensate. I made one using Homespun and it came out beautifully! :yes

:)My dear friend just did a prayer shawl in that same pattern in a book put out by lion and she used a different size hook and baby soft - so I am sure you could!

it is just a V stitch organized into a blanket form.

...with V-stitch, you can do anything you want in any yarn with any hook and know that you will have a project you will like. I think the V-stitch is the backbone of the crochet world. :cheer:cheer:cheer

Do yah think maybe I like the V-stitch :wlol

Baby Soft (sport weight)

Solids in 5 oz/141g (459 yd/420m) balls,

Prints in 4 oz/113g (367 yd/336m) balls.

Cotton Ease (WW)

3.50 oz./100 g (207 yd/188 m)

50% Cotton/50% Acrylic

Just make sure you have enough yarn. You will need more yardage of the sport weight than the WW to make a blanked of the same size.

Thanks for all the great advice :hug I knew this group would have some good ideas (again).

I am a shell kinda gal and am thinking about coming to the V-stitch side :devil After all the good words and raving about it I'll give it a go and see what comes out of my hands :yes

Thanks (and I'll post pictures when I get some done)

Archived