Pattern help...please!

sourfleed

Question

I am trying to make this baby hoodie and have a question in the pattern...http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1187

I have completed the back piece:

47b7d932b3127cce87a63321ca0f00000026108Acs2jdw3YtA

I am working on the left front:

47b7d932b3127cce87a6332fca0100000025108Acs2jdw3YtA

I am at the part in the pattern where I'm supposed to be doing "neck shaping". The last row previously on the "shape armhole" part said to end with RS facing for next row. So here I am, with the RS facing at the end of the first row on the neck shaping and I am completely confused because to me it seems that if I'm making the left side, with the armhole on the LEFT, that the neck shaping should be on the opposite side. Holy cow, I hope that makes sense...I don't even know how to describe my problem!! HELP! :eek

This is my first time crocheting something that isn't flat so I am probably stupid, but can someone PLEASE help me?? THANKS!

7 answers to this question

Uh, yes - If you are making the Left Side and the arm hole shaping is on the left side, then the neck shaping would be on the opposite side. . . .

Sometimes the neck shaping does include the shoulder though, so how do the directions read for this row? (I can't view the pattern)

I am trying to make this baby hoodie and have a question in the pattern...http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1187

I have completed the back piece:

I am working on the left front:

47b7d932b3127cce87a6332fca0100000025108Acs2jdw3YtA

I am at the part in the pattern where I'm supposed to be doing "neck shaping". The last row previously on the "shape armhole" part said to end with RS facing for next row. So here I am, with the RS facing at the end of the first row on the neck shaping and I am completely confused because to me it seems that if I'm making the left side, with the armhole on the LEFT, that the neck shaping should be on the opposite side. Holy cow, I hope that makes sense...I don't even know how to describe my problem!! HELP! !

Based on the picture you have there, if that is the RS facing (as opposed to Wrong side facing) then you are doing the Right Front side piece. Patterns list parts as worn.

All that being said, this seems to be a time for common sense to take over. see if you can work the neck in the way you know it should be instead of what the pattern seems to be saying.

Grr, I'd written a reply not knowing that my network had gone down and my typing wasn't going anywhere.:(

Anyway, Darski said what I was going to. Just remember, as you amend your piece to put the neck in the right place, don't forget to ensure that your neck shaping starts on the same row numbers as the other side, and the arm shaping row numbers match the other side and the back.

BTW, there's no such thing as a stupid question. Everything is new to us once, right?

Okay....thanks for the replies - I think I understand and have finished the piece. Does this look correct for the Left front side, if we're looking at the wrong side?

47b7d932b3127cce87a09e1f4b5600000025108Acs2jdw3YtA

yes it does,

Archived