Looking for pattern assistance

ananasanne

Question

My one friend recently told me that him and one of his friends were going to make a guitar and that they wanted me to make a case for them to put it in(either knitted or crocheted, but i prefer crochet) I could probably make the pattern myself, but i was wondering has anyone ever made a crocheted a guitar? If so could you tell me your pattern or where you got the pattern, because If i can find the general pattern then i can make a guitar shaped top and bottom and just a big long piece for the sides.

Thanks.

anne

7 answers to this question

Guitars come in different shapes/sizes. I'd hate to follow somebody else's pattern for such a large and custom project, only to find it didn't fit.

I'd trace around the actual guitar (adding a little wiggle room), cut out a paper template, and follow the shape with rows of sc (for ease of shaping and sturdiness). That way you know it will fit perfectly, don't have to worry about gauge etc.

Good luck!!

Guitars come in different shapes/sizes. I'd hate to follow somebody else's pattern for such a large and custom project, only to find it didn't fit.

I'd trace around the actual guitar (adding a little wiggle room), cut out a paper template, and follow the shape with rows of sc (for ease of shaping and sturdiness). That way you know it will fit perfectly, don't have to worry about gauge etc.

Good luck!!

I agree but I wouldn't leave any wiggle room as crochet really tends to stretch so much. Even SC has give to it and the weight would make it sag faster

A recommendation that I saw here might be good for the strap... work the strap with your yarn and (finer) fishing line. It keeps the strap from stretching way out of line.

Now if he wants his guitar down by his knees, you would be fine :rofl :rofl :rofl

I would sug that you use a liner in it my son wrapped his gutiar in a lap rob and all kinds of things on it got caught and it almost ruined his laprobe and tunning so I made him one out of fleese material .he liked it better and it kept it from slidding around in its case.

Archived