Crochet-a-long hearts doily HELP

laughlovehook

Question

I'm doing this pattern. And for some reason I am stuck on starting round 8. I also couldn't figure out the end of round 7.

From Round 7: did the repeat from * around thing till I got to the last heart and the final cluster on the left side. Ending with a ch3 and dtrc in top of first cluster, forming the last loop on round. :think What the heck is a dtrc? The only thing I can think of is a double triple crochet. But how to do one of those.. I have no clue.

So from there, I am at the top right of a heart. So how would I do the (ch 3, 2dc....) thing that starts round 8. Does that go in the same stitch that the last stitch from round 7? Or what?

I'm a pattern newbie.. I've only been ready patterns for less than 6 months, and I've been able to tackle any pattern... until now :yes *mumble grumble* :no

8 answers to this question

I love that pattern! It was my very first doily!

Yes, you're crocheting all that in the chain 9 space, if I remember correctly. It's been a while, so I'm not exactly certain.

If you look at the picture, you can see that that section starts the border around the pineapples.

I agree with you about patterns. I loooove diagrams. I did the entire Chrysanthemum Tea Shawl using the diagram. No interpretation there, just follow the symbols.

I figured that was how I did the dtrc. But my main question is the pattern...

But thank you for the link! Will add it to my reference

The reason for ending that last row with the ch/dtrc is so that you are at the correct spot to begin the next round. (you can see how complicated the optional method is if you have to break off and restart in that spot.)

You are in the middle of a chain loop and can just start to form that cluster of dc where you are at :wlol

:cheer I agree with Darski, they are ending with the hook near the centre of what would have been a CH9 loop.

I do a pattern which has SC, *CH7, SC* into the next loop and it ends with CH3, 1DC into 1st SC of the round. This saves SL STing to the centre of the loop to start the next row.

Yours had different numbers because it has more CH so you need a longer stitch to be in the centre.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

The reason for ending that last row with the ch/dtrc is so that you are at the correct spot to begin the next round. (you can see how complicated the optional method is if you have to break off and restart in that spot.)

You are in the middle of a chain loop and can just start to form that cluster of dc where you are at :wlol

Thanks Darski, I was hoping you would stop by this thread. I was sure you would know. :hug

Thanks Darski, I was hoping you would stop by this thread. I was sure you would know. :hug

Why thank you..

I really like this method when you can use it. I often just put it into patterns where it will make it easier to do what you need to do.

I am with Colleen, I don't like to slip stitch too far.

Archived