i do not understand this pattern!!!

tinypinkbutterfly

Question

Hello...i am trying to make this ...http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/potpourrieheart.html

and im really having trouble understanding what is meant in the first row by "ch 8; for Shell (sh)= (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in ring, turn. (2 shells, 1 ch sp)".

OR

does someone have a more easier pattern for me to understand similar to this.

Thank you in advance!

:manyheart

Dee

7 answers to this question

hi, so the whole row 1 instructions say:

"Make two: Row 1: Ch 6, sl st in first ch to form ring; (for beg. shell=ch 3, dc, ch2, 2 dc) in ring; ch 8; for Shell (sh)= (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in ring, turn. (2 shells, 1 ch sp). "

1. ch 6, sl st t oform ring

2. ch 3, dc, ch2, 2 dc into ring. (this makes beginning shell or beg. shell)

3. ch 8 (this creats the chain space or 1 ch sp)

4. 2 dc, chain 2, 2 dc (this forms one shell)

5. turn. (it is telling you at end that, so far, you should have 1 beginning shell followed by one chain space (made from the 8 chains), followed by one shell.

Make two: Row 1: Ch 6, sl st in first ch to form ring; (for beg. shell=ch 3, dc, ch2, 2 dc) in ring; ch 8; for Shell (sh)= (2dc, ch2, 2dc) in ring, turn. (2 shells, 1 ch sp).

ok first you ch 6 then sl st to make a ring.

ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2dc next. (this will give you the first shell in the pattern)

ch 8

2dc, ch2, 2 dc (this will give you another shell)

the beg shell and shell patterns are what you will use all through the pattern when it says beg shell or shell. The beg shell is for the beginning of a row when you don't have any st to work from. The shell is for the middle of the row where you have other st you are working off of.

The chain 8 and the rest of the row are crocheted using the ring as your "foundation row" I hope that makes sense! Once you chain, the shells etc. are done into the ring. I hope that helps!

I always find a picture helps...

sachet1.jpg

This shows the Beg shell made into the ring, the ch 8 made and a 2nd shell completed, for row 2 ...I worked the shell in shell and 15 sc into the ch 8 sp and another shell in shell. I just did sc for this pic rather than the 15 Tr. too lazy by half

it would help if they called it a ch 8 space rather than just a ch space.

Archived