Lotus Flower Purse

Shebop

Has anyone made this lotus flower thread purse?

I love the pattern, but there isn't a lot of info on joining the 2 pieces, lining it, making handles or how to close it.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and how it worked out for you?

Thanks!

th_lotusflowerpurse.jpg

It looks lovely :) I don t know a lot about lining, but my guess in joining the two pieces would be to sc both together up to a point (kind of making a c design) and then use a zipper? just a thought :manyheart

I just made this bag a few months ago...all I have to do is attach a beaded strap to it and it's finished. How I joined it was to face the two pieces right sides together, then I slip stitched them in the innermost loops, as if joining two granny squares together, leaving an opening wide enough for my purposes. I also had used a No.7 hook with size 10 thread, since no materials were listed at the beginning of the pattern. For the lining, I took one of the two circles (before joining) and, adding 1/4" around, drew a circle onto folded fabric, then sewed the circles of fabric together, using French seams. I whip-stitched the lining to the opening of the bag after the crocheted circles were joined. I strung 3 strands of silver beads and braided them together, and all I have to do now is sew the braid to the bag for a strap. I haven't decided what kind of closure--if any--to use on the top.

Tracy, thank you!

My mom and I were discussing this yesterday (this bag is a birthday gift for my grandmother) and mom thought maybe we could use a set of magnet closures and hide them in the lining when she sews it for me. We thought that would be an easy way to close it (grandma is 85).

Just a thought.

Thanks again for everyone's ideas!

Sheila I also made this purse, and I sl stitched the 2 halves together. If I made this purse again I would have made the opening between the 2 halves larger so it would be easier to fit my hand into it. I also lined the purse in a similar color. I simply bought some metal chain and sewed the chain to the purse as a handle becasue the purse seemed too delicate for the wide bulky handles I saw at the store.

Here is a link to a pic of the purse

Ajsblu eyes,

thank you, its great to see a completed froject. You're right the one in the pattern is difficult to see, you're is wonderful. I like the chain idea, I may have to try that.

My purse will be for my grandmother's 85th birthday in July. She's almost 85, but still likes "pretty things". She can take it to church or "club".

Thanks again for your help!

Oh! I love the anitomical pieces on your blog, it was a neat idea to give an eye to your mom's eye surgeon. May I ask where those came from? My husband is a neurosurgeon...... any brain patterns out there?

I hope your grandmother loves the purse it is beautiful. The anatomical heart bookmark and Larynx patterns I came up with on my own. The eye pattern came from a creative lady named Regina her website is called Monster Crochet, I got the eyeball pattern from the pattern a day calendar for 2007. I have considered making a brain pattern for I had not come across anyone who has made one yet but I got mentally stuck on the hills and groves on a brain that will be the challenge for a brain pattern. I'll have to give it some more thought.

Archived