Have you ever made.......

This Baby's Grab Ball pattern?

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/lffunt/babyball.htm

I don't know what I thought when I started this. There are 36 pieces to put together! I hate piecing things! LOL I've got 12 of the white pieces made and 3 of the blue pieces made. Mine isn't white and blue but for explanation purposes) Mine is green where it is blue and variegated where it is white. I went ahead and put two sections together because I wanted to see how it looked. I'm kind of discouraged, soooo.....

I am curious if anyone out there has made this. I'm needing some encouragement to continue. If you have, please show me a picture or give me some advice to keep going. Tell me it is worth my time! LOL

:D

I have an Annie's Attic pattern from the 1980s with this pattern. I made one then for my daughters and I made one last year for my granddaughter. Don't give up, my babies really like them. I've attached a picture of the one I made last year, the one on the left is like the one you are making. I made each section a different color to use up some odds and ends I had.

th_ballsforbaby.jpg

Oh my gosh. Thank you for sharing your picture. So do you crochet the edges shut or do you sew them shut? Especially the edges that go to the inside?

I'd still love to see other pics if people have made this ball.

I was hoping to get this ball done this weekend, but it is going way slower than I thought.

The one with the flowers, is that just pentagons (soccer ball)? I like it, where can I get the pattern? I have a pattern that's 2 halves sewn together, with a sponge ball (styrofoam for big kids) in it.

Ellie 13

I'm almost done with my grab ball. HOWEVER, I think I stuffed it too tight. It has been really difficult for me to get my sections connected securely. Don't want it popping apart! LOL

I'll post pictures of it later tonight.

Archived