Here's an interesting question for all...

When you make an item.... How do you come up with the name or title for your creations? :think

I seem to name things I make after food... lol Very Berry, Candi Apple, Orange Spice... etc. Hmmm am I hungry? LOL :yes

It's just interesting to me how others find a name for things they make. :hook

:yay Have a super crochet day!:yay

I tend to go with a play on words around what I am making. My most obvious examples are the outfits for Dora.

"A Perfect 6" seemed like a good name for a skating outfit.

when I did " A Colourful Cowgirl from Calgary" I was going for the alliteration from the name Calgary.

My "Raspberry Frappe' outfit was named for a food because the yarn looked like it.

Like I said, I like to play with words and phrases.

I find my items tend to name themselves.... and I don't understand the process myself...

Like how does a bright blue bunny get named "Colada", or a purple faery named "Yoshimi" ? Though mostly the names make some kind of sense, like a bright green dragon named Takichiyo (sprouting bamboo)...

I get the names, and an idea of the "personality" while I'm working on them.

I made an afghan called A Picnic Blanket. It's red and white squares with green and flower squares on the outer edge. I crocheted food items that I sewed on. Plates with cookies, sandwiches, a salad and a cherry pie. A tray with grapes, watermelon slices and silverware. Also ANTS!! LOL. I entered it in a contest, but didn't win. I like to make afghans with squares, then sew on stuff.

Ellie 13

I made an afghan called A Picnic Blanket. It's red and white squares with green and flower squares on the outer edge. I crocheted food items that I sewed on. Plates with cookies, sandwiches, a salad and a cherry pie. A tray with grapes, watermelon slices and silverware. Also ANTS!! LOL. I entered it in a contest, but didn't win. I like to make afghans with squares, then sew on stuff.

Ellie 13

OOOOOOO, I'd love to see a picture of this one.

I don't generally name my stuff either, though I did for three afghans I recenlty made for Relay for Life silent auctions, but those were no-brainers because they were based on the American Cancer Society's three most notable themes (Daffodils, Relay for Life and Breast Cancer awareness)

Joyce

Archived