63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started this afghan and joined the CAL ages ago.....and then I got busy and my poor squares sat there. Only 3 of them. And I stopped working on it.

I want to pick it back up again. I hope there are still gals working on this so I won't be crocheting along by myself. Anybody still plugging away that doesn't have that many squares done?

Hugs! Juli

Hi, Juli!!! Looks like you and I are in the same boat!! LOL

I also only have three squares done and signed up for this a looooooong time ago! I think there's still a few other people doing this as well.

I am aiming to *try* and do about 2-3 squares a week. Won't get it done quickly, but it will get it done!! :lol

What colors and what type of yarn are you using? I am using Caron Simply Soft in Soft Green, Soft Pink and White.

Elizabeth

Without further ado, for your viewing and encouragement pleasure, MY 42 SQUARES OF THE 63 SQUARES AFGHAN! And I couldn't have finished it sooner. If it doesn't stop raining soon, I can use it to snuggle up with somewhere else if we end up having to evacuate. :)

IMG_0361.jpg

There's one more pic on my blog for those that wanna see more! :-)

Well, Anna ~

Whichever one you go to is just fine ! You have done a great job with these first two and are more than welcome at any of the others !

Looking forward to seeing you somewhere else on the crochetalongs-- I check in every day with a lot of them !:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I think this 63 Squares CAL was started years ago, but I guess it's never too late to join. I actually bought the book years ago before I knew that there was such a crocheting community online. I think I did 3-4 squares, but I'm going to decide on some new colors, get new yarn, and start fresh. Tried going to yarntomato's site to officially join, but I guess she was having some problems. Will have to remember to do that later.

Hi Guys

I am going to post this in here and also the other 63 thread . Just in case you didn't read about my new crochetalong group that is starting up , I am looking for a donation of any square from the 63 afghan book one OR two , made in Caron Simply Soft, off white . I am also asking for a postcard from your area along with the square. These will be combined into an afghan to be donated to the Silent Auction held to help Crochetville pay the expenses of keeping the site up and running .

I really need your help gang, and know if you appreciate Crochetville as much as I do, you'd want to help us out if possible .

Any questions, please post them here or you can EM or PM me . I'll get back to you right away on it .

Thanks very much !!:)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to join this CAL. I got the book a long time ago and started but never finished. This will be a good way to do it.

Can you let us know when the join form is back up and running?

Cheri

Hi Cheri !

Welcome !

Well, I don't have much info on the join form. Donna had that web page set up and she's off with her new babe , so I'm not sure when she'll have time to come back on and set it up .

I have kinda just been taking people's sign- ups informally.

You're in ! :)

Glad so see a new face in here. We have had a few others that are fairly new too .

What colors are you gonna be using ?

Holler of you need any help . I check in every day . :hook

I'm using the jewel tones - royal blue, hunter green and maroon. Those are the colors of my bedroom. I've gotten the single, double, half double and treble squares done. It'll be fun to do this with a group of people.

Thanks for the welcome...people sure are friendly around here :clap

Cheri

Wow, KinkyLilBlackDress, only $2? I went out and picked it up (finally) from Michaels and it was like 3 times that. :lol BTW, I love your screen name.

Hopefully I'll be getting yarn in the next couple of weeks (gotta finish a couple pairs of socks, a dishcloth, and some squares-for-charity :eek ). And then I'd love to join in this CAL!

Welcome, Sarah and Clocke -

Glad to have you both ! Wow, 2 bucks for a pattern book is great deal !

What colors are you guys gonna use, do you know yet ?

PS -- If you're interested, we 'd love to have a squre donated for the c-ville raffle afghan . It is post number one on 63 menagerie !

Thanks and welcome again ~~~

A cream, or a light gray might also be good options, Cheri, throwing the more vibrant colors into relief.

My fav for edging is a basic black though. It compliments so many other colors.

...I'm still not sure what colors I'll be using, JulieKay. I plan to do some serious browsing at the lys this weekend to see what's available.

I guess when I get to the edging, I'll just have to play around and see what looks best. I was worried that a white or beige would be too much contrast around dk blue, maroon and dk green. But I didn't want it to look too retro with the black edging (black always reminds me of those old granny square afghans...I'm not excited about those). Anyway, thank for any and all suggestions.

Cheri:hug

I guess when I get to the edging, I'll just have to play around and see what looks best. I was worried that a white or beige would be too much contrast around dk blue, maroon and dk green. But I didn't want it to look too retro with the black edging (black always reminds me of those old granny square afghans...I'm not excited about those). Anyway, thank for any and all suggestions.

Cheri:hug

------------

Can you find a variegated yarn that contains at least 2 of your colors (to tie it together)? I think the white might also be a little stark, although an off white might be pretty nice.

I think someone mentioned grey, and I think that could be a nice color choice as well.

Or, consider edging in a lighter shade of one of your MCs. For example, if you're using dark blue, find a lighter shade of blue within the same color family. It would give a nice contrast, but would still be in the same color family, which would also tie it all together nicely.

But I think in the end, you may just need to hold some yarns up to the finished product to see what looks right to you.

Thanks for the great suggestions. I like the idea of variegated with some white thrown in. It'll brighten it up but not be too much.

You guys are great. I can't believe it took me a year to find you (I started all this a year ago).

:day

Cheri

Archived