63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

I still only have one square done, as soon as I finish the last 3 squares of my pineapple pillowghan I'm going to get to work on this one and another rose one.

Right now my wrists have been bothering me so I've picked up some knitting, it's not as hard on my wrists as crochet so I might be finishing a sock before I get back to crocheting.

:frog

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Donna

I am totally game and would love to be a part of this. How does it work? Does everyone make all the squares for their own afghan.....or do we swap? I have made about 4 or 5 of the squares so far with the H hook (On one I had to use an I). Anyhow I am making all the ones in "rose/pink" first...then I will do all the off white ones....then the green ones (If I dont choose another color!)

Fill me in on the details.

Crochet RN:cheer

Hi, Crochet RN! :) We are each making our own afghan; we're not swapping. We basically just communicate in this thread about our progress, ask questions about any problems we're having, and share photos. That's about it for details. ;) Let us know if you have more questions.

I've had this book forever, so this seems like the perfect motivation for me to get started on it. This will also be the first afghan I've ever made for myself. A girl has to have something to cuddle up in while she works on other projects.:)

I just started this one a bit ago, and I got off to a really good start and then fizzled... way too much going on. Joining the sock crochet-a-long when, apparently I don't have the sense it takes to read a sock pattern, really threw me off. So now I've stalled. I'll get back to this one now, though. :)

I thought this was a great project because I could take it along wherever I went and work on it if I had a few minutes or an hour. Unlike an afghan that you just keep adding to, you have little squares to complete as you go. Enjoy taking your time and doing a nice job, it is worth it.

Now that I'm back to crocheting, I'll be trying to do at least one square a week. I can scan these blocks easily, so I always update with photos (keeping the photos to a reasonable size was more the challenge). For a look at what I've already done, I've got each square in my Picturetrails account.

www.picturetrails.com/quiltsRus Then click on Crochet-A-Long.

Hi all,

I've got the yarn. I've got the book, and after looking at all the beautiful completed 63-Square afghans, I've got the motivation! I went to Smiley's Yarn sale last week and picked up a bunch of skeins of Red Heart soft in Light Rose, Dark Rose and Aran.

Sign me up. :)

Maribel

I am not liking how my square colors are turning out - they all seem washed out to me.....when I bought these colors way back when they seemed to work great together, but now when I look at it they all seem washed out! I think that I am going to wait and purchase new colors when I am back in the US in a few weeks and start this all over again....not too big of a deal considering I've now only finished 5 squares!

Well, I enjoyed my trip. I finished squares 3, 4, 5, 9, 14 and 20. But I am very tired of ecru! :P I'll be working on some green squares today. There was a nice side affect to all that ecru, though. My sister was watching me work on one of my squares and asked me to give her a refresher course in crochet (I had taught her a few years ago) :yay AND when my 15 yo daughter saw her aunt (who she idolizes) crocheting, she wanted to learn! :clap:c9 I'm so happy!

Sara

Hi all,

Having just finding and joining you group of "hookers" today, I must say I am on :c9 . Really.... I am very happy and ready to :hook along side with you all. I know that many of you have been here from the start and i'm glad for that since, i'm still rather green and am quite sure i'll need help as well as some encouragment to crochet (How many squares? 2,023 of 'em?! :eek ) Holy smokes!:wink

Well, Bring it on ! Cuz i'm ready:jumpyay !!!

I'll go check out Micheals this evening b4 my crochet/knitting meetup and with some luck, They'll have that book and I can get started tonight!

(Oh please... oh please... oh please, let them have that book!)

If there's anything you might think that I might need to know, let me know!

Thanks,

Kelly

I have been slowly but steadily working my way through the squares, and I'm about to finish up #54. I'm doing mine in RHSS, with 5 colors: gold, artichoke, claret, dark plum, and windsor blue. You can see my squares here. As Micky pointed out to me a couple of days ago, once I finish this square, I'll finally have enough done to put the bottom row together!:clap

Melissa (www.doodle-head.com)

I have been slowly but steadily working my way through the squares, and I'm about to finish up #54.
That is not slow and steady thats quick and speedy!! Wow! Great job on them so far! You are on the home stretch now! :cheer:clap:cheer

Well, I checked Micheals and Joanns and neither have the book :shrug . What to do....What to do....! And I was all fired up too:fire !

Guess I'll have to go online and wait for it to ship. :faint

Kelly

Oh Thanks Dixiered,

That's so very sweet of you to offer me that! I wouldn't want to see you run around town on my account. But, thank you! What a nice lady you are!

I'll keep checking.

Love your squares, hope to be starting mine soon, still trying to finish up my baby stuff first!:clap

Now that I'm back to crocheting, I'll be trying to do at least one square a week. I can scan these blocks easily, so I always update with photos (keeping the photos to a reasonable size was more the challenge). For a look at what I've already done, I've got each square in my Picturetrails account.

www.picturetrails.com/quiltsRus Then click on Crochet-A-Long.

Archived