63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

Hi everyone

It has been a long time since this crochetalong first started ,so it's hard for a lot of the new people to read through every single post to find certain things they might need help with . I thought maybe it'd help if we had a roll call and asked all the people who are currently actively working on this to check in , give their name, maybe colors they chose and how many squares they have done to date . I signed up for it several months ago and keep letting other projects get in the way . I think it'd help me to keep on track and get motivated to continue if we had everyone try to check in and post as often as possible. That might keep us all motivated and in the mood to continue . I was so excited about this , I even ordered the second book, the 63 MORE squares !

I hope it's ok if I post this, I don't want to step on any toes. I come in here every day to check for new posts and the more I see, the more motivated it makes me to get busy on this again .

Keep your fingers crossed out there for me . I PROMISE today is the day I get RE-started on this .:knit

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Julie. I am currently on square # 31. I am just using what I have in my stash, so it will be a multi-colored and somewhat multi-textured afghan. This is the first project I have done since I taught myself to crochet and read patterns.

Where did you find that second book? That sounds like another crochet along!

:devil

Hi Micky

Thanks for replying !

I ordered the 63 more squares from a website called http://www.countryyarns.com/

LA2146 63 "MORE" EASY-TO-CROCHET PATTERN STITCHES COMBINE TO MAKE AN HEIRLOOM AFGHAN ($7.50) a great addition to LA555, with 63 new stitches, all in worsted wt. yarn, with instructions for creating an afghan

It's all done in an off-white color and is very pretty .

That would be great to get a second crochetalong started with that book once we finish this one !

I'm working on the 63 "More" Easy-to-crochet afghan right now. :P Well, not right now. I did start it, though. My mom bought it several years ago, but never made it. I just learned 2 years ago, so it'll be good practice for me and hopefully mean something to her. :hug But, it's on hold right now. My brother is getting married in August so I'm making a granny square afghan for him and his fiance. I'll keep my eye out for the 63 "More" crochet along. Hopefully I'll be finished with my brother's by then!

I'm doing the 63 "More" in off-white. It would match best with anything in the house. I've finished 2 squares and started the third one, so I'm not very far at all. I was reading the pattern wrong at first. It said the number of st sp and I was counting the number of sts. I frogged it (hehe rip it rip it) several times until I realized I was reading it wrong.

My brother's afghan is black, dark green, and off-white with the border in a lighter green. (actual colors of Red Heart are: black, med thyme, aran, and light thyme)

trentsafghan-wip.jpg

Hi Blue Shoe -

I love your nickname, that is cute !

I forgot to tell you thank you. I actually came up with it years ago from a picture I took. I was just messing around, taking pictures and in photoshop I put a blue filter on it. They were my mom's shoes. I was going to wear them to prom, but they didn't fit. I'm going to make it my aviatar as soon as I get 50 posts! :D WAHOO!

shoee.jpg

Hi Emily

The afghan you are making for your brother is going to be very striking looking when done. I LOVE greens anyhow , so I'm a little partial to it . I'd like to see it when finished. I hope you'll post it when it's done .

Thanks for explaining your nickname . I bet you get questioned about it all the time !:scrachin

Hi everyone

It has been a long time since this crochetalong first started ,so it's hard for a lot of the new people to read through every single post to find certain things they might need help with . I thought maybe it'd help if we had a roll call and asked all the people who are currently actively working on this to check in , give their name, maybe colors they chose and how many squares they have done to date .

:hook I actually worked on it today for the first time in about 10 months, and the earth still continued to rotate on its axis BUT it was supposed to rain and didn't. Actually, that's fairly normal, the forecast guys can't get right whether I work on the CAL or not.

So I made #31 today and I'm working on #32 right now, kind of a cool bumpy square. I'm using the same colors that are pictured in the book (or very close to them), light green, soft rose and aran. My sweetheart helped to pick them out, thought the book had the best layout and who am I to argue if he's excited about me working on something? :wink

Hi Alli and everyone who replied .

I guess Alli's finished afghan gives us all an incentive to get busy again. I have changed my mind on colors so many times .... I need to just get going on it and stick with what I started with . I have a 3 day weekend starting today so it's a good time to get my rear in gear . Thanks for the extra "push "Alli !

:clap

:yay Alli - congratulations on finishing your afghan! It turned out lovely!

I have finished 3 squares so far....depressing when you start to think how many more you have to go! I am working on 10 different projects right now - I spend so much time switching between them that it seems that nothing ever gets finished! I will try my best to stick to my original plan of at least one square a week....promise! I think that I am a week or two behind so I had best get busy tomorrow and finish two or three more of them! Oh! My colors are similar to the book colors since that is what I had on hand!

Kimberley...join my world! ROFL!

I always have 50 zillion things going at once and work on each one as I feel like working on it. Unless I have a definate deadline, then I will work on something til it's done. I have 2 baby ghans to do in the next month. One is due next week!

Hugs, and no worries. I still only have 9 done I think...maybe more. Can't remember. :hook

Archived