63 Squares Crochet Along

Donna

I have just recently started this afghan. I also sent a request to be added to the crochet a long. I don't have a blog, but maybe they will let me in anyway! I am excited about finishing. This is the first thing I have crocheted by reading a pattern. And without any help, or without being shown how!

:devil

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having a blog isn't a requirement but it's pretty easy to set one up if you ever want a place of your own to show off your work :)

I've only done the first square and it's managed to walk off so now I need to hunt it down. This one's on the back burner while I finish my pillowghan CAL and my babyghan.

:frog

A BIG Thank You to all for the compliments:hug

Anne, the colors used were Caron Perfect Match: Rose, Sage and Cream.

JulieKay, although I would love to take credit for creating the whole blanket, I must admit that I was the helper. The afghan was started by my friend Judy, who is much more experienced than I and taught me so much about crocheting. Judy will be keeping the blanket at her country home and promised me that I can have visitation rights. :yay Right now, I don't think that making another 63 square afghan is anywhere in the horizon. :eek We have other projects that need completing and will be posting them soon. thanks to all!

Terri

Hi Terri

I'll be watching to see what other projects you post in here. It sounds like the 63 blanket was a great learning experience for you .

Now you need to tackle the 63 MORE SQUARES blanket, with your friend's help , and she can visit it at YOUR house ! LOL

And everyone can flog me with wet noodles if the answers are in the previous 114 pages of posts that I don't want to go through and read :D

Everyone here and in cyber/blog world seems to be doing this CAL. How do you know what to do for your 63 squares? What were the dates for the CAL?

Sara

Hi Sara

I don't think there are any set dates for this, it seems to just go on and on, with more people signing up all the time .

Here's a link to the main page that lists the book with the 63 squares , which can be found at most Walmarts . There's also a list of all the people involved, etc .

Hope you decide to join in and if so, let us know what colors you choose, etc .

http://yarntomato.com/63squares/

I'm jealous, Penny! It's taking me forever to make "villager", and I've been here longer. :lol I better find stuff to talk about. LOL.

Actually, between this CAL and the UFO call (and another thread about evil yarn companies who ignore crocheters), I'll be there before I know it!

Sara

Archived