Kassie's T-shirt Dress in Thread! (IMG Heavy)

oldbaglady

Did you make the collar and sleeve decorations separately? then sew them on? I was thinking of adding some to tshirts for xmas But not 100% of how to do it.

The sleeve trim I added using the same chain stitch embroidery as the skirt, but the collar I made in a seperate piece and sewed it on. I just used a tiny stitch, I want to say it was a blanket hem stitch, but I don't think that was it. I just wanted it to blend with my begining chan stitches.

There's a great video tutorial for making the chain stitch found here:

http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/10/embroidery-stitch-video-tutorial-chain.html

I used the same size 10 crochet thread to do my chain stitches as I did for the dress. I just did NOT pull my stitches tight, as I was working on T-shirt material, and I wanted a little give to it. The chain stitch works great to add edgings to all sorts of fabrics. BTW.. I remember my grandmother using the chain stitch to crochet edgings onto pillowcases, which is where I got the idea for doing it on the t-shirt.

The tank top dress is almost done, so I'll be posting it soon.

Can't wait to see it. Thank You for the link. Seems simple enough to remember, I appreciate you sharing it with me.:D

Is this an original pattern or where can I get this pattern?

Can't wait to see it. Thank You for the link. Seems simple enough to remember, I appreciate you sharing it with me.:D

Is this an original pattern or where can I get this pattern?

The skirt is an original pattern, I kind of made it up as I went along. I started with a 2 dc shell stitch ( 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the same st - I think that's what it's called) for 6 rows to make a denser fabric so she wouldn't need to wear a slip underneath, then switched to a 3 dc shell stitch (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) then I added a double crochet inbetween the shells for a lacey look. Hope that makes sense?

The skirt is an original pattern, I kind of made it up as I went along. I started with a 2 dc shell stitch ( 2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc in the same st - I think that's what it's called) for 6 rows to make a denser fabric so she wouldn't need to wear a slip underneath, then switched to a 3 dc shell stitch (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) then I added a double crochet inbetween the shells for a lacey look. Hope that makes sense?

I understood everything up until the "added a double crochet in between the shells for a lacey look"...However I will go back and look at the picture again and maybe it will "dawn" on me! LOL

Thanks hon. When I get around to this I may have to consult you if I get confuzzled, but So far I'm understanding what you mean. I guess I just need to be brave enough to "try" it huh?

Ok I went back and looked at the picture again, and I see what you mean so no worries. I still think its just adoreable and I SO have to try this!

Thanks alot again!

Archived