Total Crochet Fashions

lovely

I have this book from the library right now, you should check yours before you buy. What exactly are you looking for? I liked the shrug shown on the cover, a tunic to go over a swimsuit, and a blazer type jacket. The rest of it didn't really grab me but I'm kind of picky.

I like the shawl on the cover. I'm kind of picky, too, so I just wanted to see if people liked it or not, and if there were mistakes or if the patterns are hard to read. Just your opinions on it in general, really.

I have that book also but haven't made anything from it yet as I'm playing catch up on some projects that I've had to put aside. I like the shawl on the cover also.

I made a skirt from this book - I haven't gotten the skirt lined, so I haven't posted a picture yet. There are some decent, basic patterns in the book, but you probably should check it out at your library first if you can.

I got my copy at WallyWorld for $15 by the crochet/yarn supplies. I love all the projects, but haven't tried any of them yet. They look simple but not tacky...especially when most of the books I see at Wally's or Michael's or HL are either baby stuff or afghans...

I have this book, and I do like it. Some things I'll never make (I'm not into granny square based fashion, just a little too retro for my style). Some things I have in progress. I'm working on the chain link belt, the prep school shrug, and the cardigan that's in it. One caution though, be weary of the sizing. I measure 38 inches across the bust and started the shrug to accomodate that size and it wouldn't even cover my girls. I started the cardi to accomodate my size and it swallows me whole. Of course, the cardi is very loose fitting and the shrug is very fitted. I've frogged them both to make a different size in them. The yarns in the book are labeled for easy substitution.

If you are weary of buying it, check it out from your local library. I've gotten a number of patterns that way and it didn't cost me a dime. :hook

I hope my comments help you decide.

s41742875.jpg

I made the Off The Hook Cardigan from the book. I used Cotton Ease. It's been awhile but if I remember correctly, I had to redo the body portion to make it more fitted before adding the trim. It's still kind of shorter than I would like but overall it was a satisfying project.

Borrowing the book from a library as someone already suggested is a good idea. The binding is not that sturdy and many of my pages are already falling out.

Archived