Round Ripple Question

ananasso

Question

Ok, so I've done a couple of round ripples, one for practice and one for my cat, because she wouldnt leave the practice one alone lol:lol . I was having touble with the chain three area, it shows way to much. It looks almost scrunched up and higher than the rest of the work. Im not quite sure where to put my hook in to make it lay more flat. Ive seen all the pictures on here of RR's and I can't see where the next round starts at all on the ones the wizards in this forum have done:). I would like to make mine as beautiful. thanks;)

:bounce

Thank you all for responding. Wow I didn’t realize there were so many different patterns for this type of blanket. Umm, here is the pattern I used http://project-angel-kisses.150m.com/roundripple.html.The CH3 that I'm talking about is the one equivalent to the first DC of the round. Also, I just thought of another question. Since I haven’t done anything double sided before, how would I work in the ends so that they are completely invisible?:huh

Thanks again

4 answers to this question

:think Do you mean the CH3 at the start of each round or is there a CH3 somewhere else in your pattern?

If you could give a little more info, we will be better able to help you.

I have a simplified version of the Round Ripple pattern so PM me if you would like me to send it to you.

It has a different centre to some of the others but the actual Ripple, once it gets going, has exactly the same result.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

Hi ananasso! Which pattern are you useing? Can you post a photo of the problem so I can help you out with it? In every chain 2 space you have to work a new shell stitch.....that would be {2 dc 2ch 2dc}, but in every 3rd row you have to work the smaller shell [1dc 2ch 1dc] all the way around to prevent the puckering and bunching up... Is that what is causing the problem? Are you useing this pattern?

http://www.sewonfire.com/round_ripple_afghan.htm

I think a lot of people have had great success with it, and even though there isn't a photo with it....there are TONS of examples here at Crochetville! LOL!:lol Try this new pattern and see if it works out for you.....at first the points won't seem very pointy, but they become pointier as you work more and more rounds. please let me know if you need more help with this. You might also want to contact Aggie May........she is a very experienced crocheter, and she has her own round ripple pattern that may be easier for you to follow, she is really good with these patterns as she can work them out in all different ways {six points, eight points, nine points...well you get the idea!}.......she is SUPER kind and friendly....I KNOW she will help you out!

HA! I see while I was writing My post, Colleen has already answered you!

sometimes at the begining chain (to count as the 1st dc) i do 2ch instead of 3ch it seems to be more the same and works better for me but i never know until i have done a few what is going to work best...that is what i like about crocheting there are no set rules and you can alter something to make it work best for you...

Archived