Afghan Color help

atarango

Question

Hi everyone,

I bought the "Boomer Granny Afghan" from the Lion Brand website a while back- mainly because I liked the colors. I thought they were charmingly retro and bright. However, when I got the kit, the colors appeared darker then shown on the website- but in the box they looked like they would work. Well I am now 4 squares into the 12 square afghan (the squares are 1 food by 1 foot) and I am worried about the color. Chiefly the brown:

100_1228.jpg

On the website the brown looked like a light tan- very nice and light but the brown that was sent is darker (this picture makes it look murkier then it is- really its just dark brown.) Also the afghan will eventually be bordered with the brown.

Anyway I am fearing that the afghan is veering from charmingly retro to retro in that way that my parent's kitchen was when I was a little kid... (avacado green appliances anyone?) So here's the thing- is it that bad? Should I just embrace the retro-ness of it all? Am I mistaken? Should I maybe use the brown for the squares but then change the border color (and to which color?) (I also am ticked at Lion Brand for not sending me an afghan kit that looks like the one in the cataloge and on the website.) Please- I could use some support on this afghan. I figure that in the worse case scenario I could give it away to someone, or it could become the dog's new blanket. I'm trying not to be negative- I just was so excited over this afghan (and I like the pattern- its easy and I am already thinking of re-doing it with my own color choices.)

Anyway- any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 answers to this question

I would either call or email lion brand about the colors of the blanket and how you don't like it. See what they say.

As far as the colors some will like it and some won't. It is up to you though since this was a project for your home. If you dislike it that much why not try to find a tan that you like and put that in there?

Your squares look wonderufl though. And it only take 4 of them and a border to make a baby ghan. Or 1 of those would work for a preemie blanket. :)

I kind of like it.

And I remember those green appliances. When we bought this house in 2003 we had lovely green appliances and walls in the tiny kitchen.

Hi everyone,

I bought the "Boomer Granny Afghan" from the Lion Brand website a while back- mainly because I liked the colors. I thought they were charmingly retro and bright. However, when I got the kit, the colors appeared darker then shown on the website- but in the box they looked like they would work. Well I am now 4 squares into the 12 square afghan (the squares are 1 food by 1 foot) and I am worried about the color. Chiefly the brown:

100_1228.jpg

On the website the brown looked like a light tan- very nice and light but the brown that was sent is darker (this picture makes it look murkier then it is- really its just dark brown.) Also the afghan will eventually be bordered with the brown.

Is THIS what you thought you were getting:

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60270AD.html

If so, I'm with the others, CALL THEM. I don't know if maybe your camera didn't do it justice, but that seems like an extreme difference. Maybe check the color names that were supposed to come with that pattern with the colors you actually received? Good luck to you.

Joyce

Archived