Need some suggestions on a blanket

I am making a blanket for my 6 year old great niece. The colors will be pink, purple, teal and white. First I started a giant granny (but I isn't coming out right, The center looks crooked now that it is getting bigger) I'm talking about the starting point , like the first 6 or 7 rows. It's weird! I don't know why it's doing that, but I decided to stop and I will frog it and use the yarn on something else. I thought a giant granny would be super easy, I don' know... must be something I'm doing..

Anyway, now I need a few suggestions on a pattern that is easy and that would be good for a 6 year old girls bedroom. The colors are beautiful, I just need a pattern that I can get started on and stick with. lol. I was thinking maybe some huge granny squares that I could put together. maybe 12 rows or so (that would be fast and easy) I made a few with flowers in the center last night but now I am thinking it looks too "old lady" for a 6 year olds bedroom.

help!!! please!!!I need some pattern suggestions !!! nothing too difficult or that takes forever to complete.

Hi Kitkat,

I have two sites for you to check out:

www.crochetpatterncentral.com (click on directory and select afghans and you will find lots of patterns). The second is a link site with different links and some for just afghans

www.tmellc.com/edwardian/link.htm

Happy looking!:c9 I think you will find the first site the most helpful.

I was reading a different thread and found this site I think you will find most useful

http://www.myhq.com/public/c/r/crochetpoet/

I have another question. lol. I find alot of "giant granny" patterns but they are all just a little bit different. :huh Is there a giant granny that is the best one ?? or does it not matter? Whats your favorite Giant Granny pattern? I am determine to get a giant granny to lay flat and come out nice and straight!! lol.

Thanks for the other suggestions everyone! I love the round ripple but I am worried it will take a long time , she has a Fulll size bed.

:cheer If your centre of a Granny Square looks crooked, it could be that you turned and went the other way at some stage.

To get a basic Granny Square to look straight, turn at the end of every row and that will alleviate the problem.

The main thing to realise is, the finished blanket will not be viewed as a flat item but will be used on something or someone as a blanket so any problems you see as you are making it, will not really show later.

My mother has a saying' "It will all come out in the wash." and that is very appropriate because often things that look crooked can be straightened after a wash. I suppose it is blocking in a way.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Archived